Monday, September 26, 2022

You Do What You Have To - 69

 


 

Curious, Micky asked Falcon, "Are you a doctor? I mean, you have to be something when you're not trying to take down a crook."

 

"I'm a practical nurse. Hawk's an accountant, and Wren's a commercial artist."

 

"What about Robin?"

 

"He never told you?"

 

Guiltily, Micky replied, "I never asked."

 

"Okay. He does security work. He was going to college, studying criminal justice, before Dad was killed. Once he joined the family business, he parlayed what he'd learned into setting up security for small businesses. It's something that doesn't require keeping regular hours, just like what the rest of us do."

 

"I guess that explains how much security there is on this place."

 

"Yep. And on our houses, too. He's good at what he does."

 

"I know. Especially helping people." Thinking he might be insulting Falcon, saying that just about Robin, Micky added hastily, "You all are."

 

"Thank you," Falcon replied, getting up again. "All right, I'll leave you to it while I take Robin to the doctor."

 

"May I come with you?"

 

"No. I'd rather you don't."

 

Micky nodded. "So he won't try to…to hide anything."

 

"Exactly. I'm glad you understand."

 

"I may have my dense moments, but in the end, I get it," Micky replied dryly.

 

Falcon chuckled as he left the room. "Like all of us, at times."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment