Thursday, September 22, 2022

You Do What You Have To – 67

 


 

Robin chuckled as he carefully reached for his pills. "Yep. I'd rather we were groaning in lust, not in pain."

 

"There is that." Micky stood, picked up the empty water glass, and went to fill it.

 

When he returned to hand it to him, Robin asked, "Don't you need one too?"

 

"Naw. The meds they gave me at the hospital are still working."

 

"Ah ha, so that's the reason you kissed me. They loosened you up."

 

Micky snorted. "I've kissed you before, and you know it."

 

"Yeah, I do." Robin smiled, leaning forward suddenly to kiss him. He groaned, swearing, seconds later.

 

"Lie down," Micky told him, holding Robin's arms to help him move.

 

Finally settled on his stomach, Robin looked at Micky and winked. "When this is over, it'll be you lying on your stomach, not me."

 

Micky grinned. "What makes you think I'm a bottom?"

 

"Hoping?"

 

"Well I am, so you're safe."

 

When relief flooded Robin's face, Micky wondered, Is that really because he's a top, or does what he went through with Mackenzie mean he'll never willingly put himself in the position of being dominated again.

 

"You are so easy to read, sometimes," Robin said, his gaze locked on Micky's face. "I'm a natural-born top. It has nothing to do with that bastard and what he did to me."

 

"Good," Micky replied fervently. "Now—"

 

"Go to sleep. Yeah, yeah." Robin tapped his lips. "But not until I get one more kiss." He got it then said, "You'd better get to bed, too. You may be feeling fine right now, but you're not."

 

"I know," Micky admitted. He touched the bandage on his arm, his lips quirking up. "At least I've got a memento to remind me not to go off half-cocked again, without really thinking things through."

 

"Won't we both," Robin said sleepily. 

 

"Too true." Micky kissed him again, smiling when Robin managed to return it just before his eyes closed. He started for the door, stopping long enough to tell Thor, who had just appeared, "Watch over him."

 

The dog seemed to nod in agreement before crawling onto the bed to curl up by Robin's side.

 

Whispering, "Good night, Robin," Micky left the room.

 

2 comments: