Sunday, September 4, 2022

You Do What You Have To - 58


 

"Easy. I'm a lovable guy." Robin leaned forward and for a moment Micky thought he was going to kiss him. And maybe Robin would have if he hadn't let out a gasp that turned him pale with obvious pain. "I…" He grabbed Micky's arm in a death grip as he straightened again. "I'm going to kill that bastard," he managed to say. "All I wanted to do was kiss you and I can't even do that."

 

"Let me." Micky cupped Robin's face with his hands and kissed him gently. "Does that work?"

 

"Oh, yes." Robin looked at Micky for a long moment. "Again?"

 

"My pleasure." Micky did, and this time Robin returned it in kind—slowly and softly.

 

"When I can move again," Robin said, breaking away. "I'm going to kiss you silly."

 

"Are you calling me silly?" Micky asked, feeling deliriously happy.

 

"Well…" Robin's laughter was followed by a groan. "No laughing I guess."

 

"Not right this moment." Micky gave him another, brief kiss then told him, "You'd better lie down. The pills are going to kick in and…"

 

"I won't feel any pain, so I can ravage you."

 

"You so wish," Micky replied, grinning. "You'd regret it in the morning."

 

"As if," Robin muttered, but he did ease down onto his side again. Thor scooted out of the way to settle behind him.

 

"Do you think you can tolerate a sheet over you?" Micky asked.

 

Robin smirked. "Is my manly beauty getting to you?"

 

"Well, yeah, but I was thinking more that it's going to get cooler soon, since the sun's going down. Thor may throw off some heat, but a sheet might be a good idea too."

 

"All right." Robin did grimace when Micky laid it carefully over him, but said he was all right. "Now if you'd join us, I'd be sandwiched between two warm bodies."

 

Micky was tempted, but resisted. He knew if Olivia Hummel called back to say things were set up for the meeting with Darren, he'd have to leave. That might waken Robin, which wouldn't be a good thing on several levels. "I think you'll sleep better alone, your wishes to the contrary. I'll stay here until you are."

 

"Okay," Robin replied, the word slurring as he closed his eyes. "See you…in…the morning."

 

"You will," Micky told him, even though he knew Robin couldn't hear him. He eased off the bed, bent to kiss Robin's forehead, then took his seat in the chair to wait for Ms Hummel's call, after making certain his phone was set on vibrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment