Tuesday, January 9, 2024

43 – This Gift, This Curse

 

 

Charlie got up, heading in redhead's direction, just as Kevin and Sue came through the front door. Kevin glanced around, saw Mick and waved, mouthing, "We'll be right over."

 

As soon as they got their coffees, they joined him.

 

"You look better today," Mick commented to Kevin.

 

"Feel better too."

 

"And he's actually walking, not crawling," Sue said, grinning at Kevin.

 

"I wasn't crawling yesterday. Just…walking slow so I could enjoy the scenery."

 

"Uh-huh, at below freezing out and you were enjoying the scenery. As if." Then she apparently realized there were only the three of them. "Where's Charlie? He's always here."

 

Mick thumbed toward the table where the redhead and now Charlie, were seated.

 

"Oh boy, another conquest," Sue said with a grin.

 

Kevin chuckled. "He's living down to his reputation."

 

"Twenty-to-one he'll be taking her out this weekend. Speaking of which, are we still on for the movies, Kev?"

 

"You bet, as long as it's a comedy. I'm don't think I'm in the mood for an action movie, not after, well…" He shrugged.

 

She patted his hand. "I totally understand." Glancing at Mick, she asked, "Would you like to come with us?"

 

Damned straight. That way I can see if the ex Charlie talked about is watching you.

 

Aloud he said, "Yeah, sure. Sounds like fun. That is, if Kev doesn't mind me hanging with you two."

 

"Not at all," Kevin replied, smiling. "As long as you buy the drinks."

 

"And I'll pop for the popcorn," Sue said. "But that means you have to buy the candy, Kev."

 

"We'll be waddling out of there."

 

"Out of where?" Charlie asked, joining them.

 

"The three of us are going to a movie," Sue explained.

 

"Great. Then we'll all be busy." Charlie winked at Mick. "I've got me a date with a pretty redhead."

 

"Way to go."

No comments:

Post a Comment