Tuesday, October 22, 2019

One Plus Two Equals... - 16


Julyan tried to scoot backward, saying "Why are you doing this?", but Auden gripped his knee to keep him there.
"Why not? I find you interesting and underneath your seeming reluctance I think you find me interesting as well." He slid his hand up Julyan's thigh then around his waist, shifting so he was beside him. "Is there anything wrong with that?"
"Yes! You're misreading me. I'm not interested in you. There's someone else. I just…"
"You just what, Julyan?"
"I don't know," he whispered. "You're not like him, but you are."
"That makes absolutely no sense at all."
"I know." Julyan's expression was filled with confusion. "It's your eyes, and you make the same gestures sometimes, and he kissed me the same way you did, like it was the natural thing to do. And I'm not making any sense at all, am I?"
Auden leaned back on his hands, staring at Julyan with a trace of amusement. "Not one bit, and yet I get what you're saying. My opinion, I think you've got a real thing for this Duane, but you still find me interesting and you don't know what to do about it."
"I don't."
When Julyan didn't say anything more, Auden shook his head, "You don't have a thing for him, you don't find me interesting, or you don't know what to do about it?"
"I…" Julyan chewed his lip. "I don't know what to do about why I feel this way."
"Come here," Auden said softly, holding out his hand.
"No." Once again Julyan scooted away.
"For the love of all that's holy, I'm not going to force myself on you," Auden growled. "I only want one kiss because, just maybe, it'll help you figure things out."
"I don't know you! You're this strange man hanging out on my roof that keeps coming on to me. That much I have figured out."
"And you wish I was this Duane."
Julyan nodded. "I do. And you're not."
"I… No, I'm not. You should go." Auden smiled slightly. "Or I should. As you pointed out, it's your roof." He jumped to his feet, paused long enough to cup Julyan's chin in his hand and bend to kiss him hard. Then, before the younger man could react, he was across the roof and going down the fire escape to the alley.
Stunned at the suddenness of it all, Julyan sat there. "What the hell…?" Finally he got up, walking slowly as he returned to his apartment. "Insane. Just… insane."

2 comments: