Thursday, October 10, 2019

One Plus Two Equals... – 10


When Auden released him, Julyan wiped the back of his hand across his mouth. "That was totally unnecessary and uncalled for," he said angrily.
"No shit, but you liked it."
"What the hell makes—" Julyan didn't get to finish his sentence as Auden was kissing him again. And he did like it, although he would never have admitted it. Instead he put his hands on Auden's chest to push him away. "I don't know what you think I am, or who you think you are, but that was it! Try it again and I'll…do something."
"Like return it?" Auden smirked.
"In your dreams." Julyan jumped to his feet, beating a hasty retreat off the roof.

* * * *

"You forgot the mugs," Auden muttered in amusement. He took a cautious look over the edge of the parapet, saw the building across the street was dark and decided to call it a night. After putting the camera away he picked up the coffee mugs and headed one level down the fire escape. The exit door to the top floor was locked but he had no problem opening it. It took only a minute to figure out which was Julyan's apartment by the light under the door and the faint aroma of burnt coffee. "Forgot to turn the machine off before you came up, didn't you?" he said softly as he put the mugs down beside the door. Then, unhurriedly, he made his way out of the building and headed home.

* * * *

"So some strange man you've never seen before kissed you. Twice." Jack stared unbelievingly at Julyan.
"I swear to God." Julyan actually held up his hand as if he was. "He was on the roof, taking pictures. I brought him coffee and then he said he owed me for it and kissed me."
"And just why were you taking him coffee?"
Julyan explained, ignoring Jack when he rolled his eyes once or twice. "So I figured when he didn't call, I'd see if he was still up there but I didn't want it to seem as if that's what I was doing so I brought along the coffee."
"Only you would think like that. And what happened to the idea you found Duane interesting?"
"I told you, he's straight."
"Do you know that for a fact?"
"He told me about his ex-business partner who wanted them to get married."
"That doesn't mean he's straight. He could be bi."
"He could be anything, but since he's shown no interest in me, I'm not going to try and find out."
"Faint heart and all that."
Julyan chuckled. "He's far from being a 'fair maiden'."
"You know what I mean." Jack stifled a yawn and stood. "For now, however, I'm going to bed. We do have to work tomorrow and it's going to be busy, I hope."
"Since it's the grand opening, I suspect so."
"So get to bed and dream about all the men in your life."
"Yeah, right. As if."

6 comments:

  1. So much fun ! Love it! We will see what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will if you keep following the story. -big grin-

      Delete
  2. So we have a person who acts before asking for permission.. interesting part of their character... Julyan is going to get real confused here soon i bet. Loving the story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he could be betwix-and-between. I'm glad that you are.

      Delete