Saturday, April 27, 2019

Safe Harbor - 41


When most of the kids dispersed, Kurt figured they were going off to spread the news. "We should probably leave now, too." He dug in his pocket, frowning. "Where are my keys?"

Daniel eyed him and said with a bit of amusement, "Knowing you, you tossed them in your dresser drawer like you usually do."

"Whoa!" Bobby looked at Daniel, turned to Kurt, and asked tightly, "How does he know that?"

Daniel shook his head. "Something you forgot to tell him?"

"It never really came up."

Daniel put a hand on Bobby’s arm, tightening his grip when the young man tried to pull away. "Before you get the wrong idea, Bobby, Kurt and I are half-brothers. That’s how I knew what he does with his keys." He chuckled. "He was always loosing them so I finally got him into the habit of putting them in his dresser drawer, along with his wallet."

"You’re brothers?" Bobby looked between them in disbelief. "Nuh uh."

Kurt chuckled. "Uh huh. Same mother, different fathers. He’s a lot older than me."

"Two years is not ‘a lot’ older," Daniel grumbled.

"He always says that." Kurt laughed, patting Daniel affectionately on the shoulder. "Now we should get ready if we’re going to make it to the hospital while it’s still visiting hours." He put an arm around Bobby’s waist without thinking, dropping it quickly when he heard a soft gasp from behind them. He turned to see Jo-Jo and Cry still standing there.

"Told you." Jo-Jo grinned at Cry.

"Yeah, well… Okay, I owe you five."

"Excuse me, young ladies, you were betting on…us?"

Jo-Jo’s grin widened. "Yep."

"You breathe one word to anyone," Bobby growled.

Kurt’s arm went around his waist again. "I doubt by this time it’s any secret. After all, look at us, only half dressed and we came downstairs just a minute apart at best."

"Yeah, well, I mean if you don’t mind them knowing."

Kurt kissed his temple. "I have no problems with it. Do you?" He looked seriously at Bobby. "I don’t want to be responsible for ruining your reputation."

"You had better be kidding."

For a long moment Kurt remained serious and then he laughed. "I was."

"You are an ass."

"Sometimes." Kurt ignored the fact there were onlookers and kissed Bobby lightly. "And now we should go get dressed and head to the hospital."

As they walked to the stairs Bobby heard Cry whisper to Jo-Jo, ‘Think they done it yet?’ He glanced over his shoulder at them with a grin. "Not yet, but we’re going to real soon."

4 comments:

  1. LMAO Bobby is so cute! And yeah I would have got the wrong idea also. I hope Bets can remember more with Bobby and Kurt or maybe the girls. Love this so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Good, because he's one of our 'heroes', for lack of a better word.

      Delete