Friday, April 5, 2019

Safe Harbor - 30


Kurt woke several hours later with the feeling something was missing. It took him only a moment to realize what, or rather who, it was. "Well it is a narrow bed so he probably moved down to …."

"The floor," Bobby said, his head popping up over the edge of the bed. "You are a restless sleeper, and you snore."

"I most certainly do not." Kurt looked at him indignantly.

Bobby laughed. "Okay, you don’t snore but you still move around a lot." He climbed up onto the bed when Kurt slid over enough to give him some room.

For a long moment they just looked at each other. Then Kurt kissed Bobby. It was gentle, more of an affirmation than sexual. Bobby seemed to understand because he didn’t try to take it beyond that as he cupped Kurt’s cheek with one hand.

"We should probably face the day and see what it has to offer," Kurt stated reluctantly when they broke apart.

"Yeah, probably. Especially since it’s half gone already. I can sneak out first or wait until you’ve gone downstairs."

"Why the hell would you want to do..? Oh. Uh-uh. I mean unless you don’t want the kids knowing you slept in here"

Bobby snorted. "I don’t give a damn if they know. I just thought maybe you’d rather… It’s not like we did anything but you better believe they’ll probably think we did."

"Not a problem as far as I’m concerned. You see, this way when we do, if we do, they’ll already think we’ve been doing it and it’ll be old news."

"Oh, we’re going to. I’ve made up my mind about that. So…yeah. We get up, get dressed, and you know you wore those pants yesterday so you might want to change them ‘cause they’re really wrinkled."

"Should have taken them off I guess but…"

"Yeah, I might have taken advantage. Not. Well not last night anyway ‘cause we fell asleep before anything interesting could happen. And not now because we really have to get up and moving and…"

Kurt chuckled as he sat up. "If this works out I have the feeling you’re going to try to run my life."

"It will, and I will."

4 comments:

  1. Kurt is still on the fence I see. Bobby will help him see that love is a special feeling that should not be ignored. I believe they would be good for eac other to make their lives better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Somehow, I think Bobby will prevail when it comes to convincing Kurt they belong together.

      Delete
  2. Bobby is one who knows what he wants and is not afraid to after it.

    ReplyDelete