Sunday, April 7, 2019

Safe Harbor - 31


Bobby sat up, too, and started to get off the bed so Kurt could. He stopped, looking at him. "I’m not going to hustle any more, just so you know."

Kurt returned his look with one which was equally as serious. "I think that’s wonderful, but," he touched Bobby's face gently to be certain he was paying attention,  "only if you’re doing it because it’s what you want to do and not because you think it’s what I’d want you to do."

"Can it be some of both? I…I really don’t like hustling but it gives me cash for food and…everything."

"Everything? Bobby, what sort of everything?" Kurt’s look turned severe.

"Damn, not that. I don’t touch booze or drugs! Not after the way I grew up. I meant more like clothes and well, umm, spray paints."

"Oh God." Kurt shook his head as he eased off the bed. "Another bad habit you have. You’re pretty good though, even if it is illegal as hell."

Bobby glanced at him in surprise. "You’ve seen my pieces?"  

"Yes. They’re hard to miss if I’m looking up at some of the buildings around here. You know," he said thoughtfully as he took off his slacks and walked to the bathroom to toss them in the hamper, "maybe you and some of the other guys who do graffiti could put your heads together and paint the walls in the community room."

"Whoa, serious?"

"Very serious." Kurt smiled before realizing he was standing there in just briefs and his socks. And that Bobby was suddenly very aware of the fact as well, his eyes lighting up as he raked them over his body. Quickly he grabbed a pair of jeans and fresh underwear, going back to the bathroom and firmly closing the door.

"Not like I’m not going to see all that and more sometime soon," Bobby called out, laughter in his voice.

Kurt ignored him; although he hoped what he’d said was the truth. After taking care of business which included a fast shower, he got dressed and returned to the bedroom. As Bobby walked past him with a pair of jeans slung over his shoulder he patted his ass before closing the bathroom door.

A minute later Kurt heard the shower running. "You are going to make me crazy," he muttered. "And it might just be worth it."

4 comments:

  1. Lmao I just love them! I’m happy about the no hustle thing. Oh I cannot wait until they paint the room! I am just imagining the horizontal mambo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You want everything this second. *G* Patience, patience.

      Delete