Monday, December 19, 2022

Everyone's Man – 28

 

"Big house, a group of men, to me that smacks of more than just payback for something you did Colin, or trying to scare you into being quiet." Bill stood, pacing the kitchen now. He turned back to look at Colin. "Did they have toys?"

 

Colin shivered, nodding. "Cuffs, a whip, a cane, a long leather slapper, those are what…" his voice rose in panic as he began to shake uncontrollably. "They didn't have to do that. I never would have told anyone. I won't tell, I swear!" he screamed, arching off the chair.

 

Marc caught Colin before he hit the floor and tried to hold him while he writhed in remembered fear and pain. Bill was beside them seconds later, whispering softly. "You're safe now, Colin, you're safe."

 

He said the words over and over as he gently took Colin from Marc, cradling him in his arms. Colin continued to struggle until Marc said sharply, "Enough, we're not going to hurt you." Bill looked up at him in shock, about to tell him he was being an ass, at best, when he realized that Colin had relaxed in his arms.

 

"It was better than slapping him, all things considered," Marc told his partner as he stroked Colin's cheek.

 

Colin's looked at them through bleary eyes. "I lost it, didn't I?" His voice was melancholy and guilt-ridden.

 

"You did," Marc said. "And you might again before things are over. You're going through a perfectly normal process. In fact, I think you're a few steps ahead of the game. You're a lot stronger than I would have taken you for."

 

"I don't feel strong. I feel like a total wimp right now."

 

"Naw," Bill said, patting his shoulder. "You're hardly wimp material."

 

Colin gave a small grin. "You haven't seen me when I'm totally dressed and done up. Then you might change your mind."

 

"Then you have to do that soon. Hell, if you're as cute then as you are now, we'll even take you out dancing. Well," he added when Colin stiffened, "after we deal with the ass who did this to you so that it's safe." He loosened his hold on Colin, and helped him to get up. "Do we want to continue that discussion now, or do you need to rest?"

 

"If I rest any more I'll go bug-fuck," Colin growled. "I'm all right for now."

 

"Then let's go into the living room. I have an idea and we'll need the computer."

 

As Colin headed to the living room, Marc stopped Bill with a hand to his arm. "You're good at handling him," he said with admiration in his voice.

 

Bill shrugged, "Probably because I have to deal with people all day at work, handling their problems. It's different from what you do because you have to heal the physical, I have to deal with how my subordinates' minds work and what they perceive as a problem, if that makes sense."

 

"It does, and I guess I knew that, but I've never really seen you in action."

 

Biting back a somewhat ribald comment that immediately sprang to mind, Bill hugged Marc instead, accepting the kiss he got in return with a broad smile. "Now we'd better join him or he's going to start wondering what's up again."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment