Monday, December 5, 2022

Everyone's Man – 21

 

"Relax," Colin whispered when Marc tried to pull away. "It's just a kiss, a thank you for all you've done for me." He kissed him again, gently, the tip of his tongue slipping out to trace the line of Marc's lips. "I'm not going to force you…to…" He tore himself away violently, shoving Marc back. A look of terror filled Colin's eyes. Then he threw himself at Marc, burying his face in Marc's shoulder with a heart wrenching sob. "I didn't mean to do that," he gulped out.

 

"I know," Marc said, understanding it wasn't the kiss Colin was talking about. He stroked the young man's thick hair, running his fingers through it in a way meant to calm him, if that were possible.

 

Finally Colin pulled back, wiping away the last of his tears. "I seem to be doing that a lot," he mumbled, not looking at Marc.

 

"Crying?" Marc smiled as he touched Colin's cheek. "It's a natural response, even for men, believe it or not. We just try to fight it when we shouldn't."

 

"So you don't think I'm being a pussy?"

 

"Colin, you've been through hell. If you didn't react to it one way or another I'd be more worried about you than I am."

 

"You don't have to worry about me," Colin growled, denying Marc's words and reason behind them. "I'm fine. I'm just dead tired and… and being a wuss. Once I get some sleep, I'll be back to normal."

 

"Then lie down. You can't sleep sitting up, or," Marc chuckled in an attempt to lighten the situation, "standing up in the shower."

 

"Yeah, that was dumb. See, I said dumb, not stupid." Colin gave him a small smile before lying down again on his stomach. "Can you stay here till I do?"

 

"Of course." Marc rested his hand on Colin's shoulder, rubbing it softly.

 

Colin worried his lip with his teeth as he looked up at Marc. "Can you—" He shook his head. "Never mind."

 

Standing, Marc moved to the other side of the bed, and lay down beside Colin, knowing he needed the comfort of someone who cared. Settling on his back, he carefully pulled the young man to him. Colin curled into him, his head on Marc's shoulder.

 

Pulling the sheet up over Colin, Marc asked, "You comfortable?" and continued to stroke his hair.

 

"Umm hmm. Thank you." Colin's voice was thickening as sleep began to take him.

 

Marc smiled, placing a kiss on the top of his head. As soon as Colin was totally asleep he'd leave and go back to his own bed. Until then…

 

He closed his eyes, savoring Colin's warmth, and his trust.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment