Sunday, December 11, 2022

Everyone's Man – 24

 

 

Colin woke with a start, lost for a moment as he tried to figure out whose bed he'd ended up in this time. Then it all came flooding back to him. He touched his forehead, feeling the bandage there, and wondered what dumb thing he'd end up doing next. Despite what Marc kept saying to the contrary, Colin knew he wouldn't have been where he was now if it hadn't been for his own stupidity.

 

Thinking of Marc had him wondering where the man was. Probably still sleeping, was his first thought, until he glanced at the window and realized it was dark outside.

 

"Damn," he muttered as he sat up slowly. "Guess that means that Bill's home. This should be fun. Not."

 

It would be even less fun if he didn't get dressed, he realized. As he stood, he noted with some relief that his back and ass didn't hurt as much. Guess there is something to be said for sleeping, was his first thought, followed by, And having a doctor around to take care of me.

 

He immediately pushed that last part out of his mind. Marc was in a committed relationship, even if it was with an asshole. The only reason he was letting him stay here was for the safety factor, and Colin knew it.

 

Spotting the scrubs he'd been wearing, Colin pulled on the pants and after a quick visit to the bathroom he opened the bedroom door cautiously, hoping that Bill was already in bed so he wouldn't have to face him.

 

He was out of luck. When he walked into the living room, the man looked up at him from the sofa.

 

"Hi," Colin said tentatively.

 

Bill smiled. "Hi, yourself. I hear you're staying with us for a few days."

 

"Yeah, well that was the plan I guess, but I really should get out of here. I don't want to bring my troubles down on you." Colin worried his lip with his teeth.

 

"Nope, not happening. You're here until Marc and I deem it safe for you to leave."

 

Colin looked at him in shock. "You're serious? I thought, well, that you would want me gone like yesterday."

 

"Since you weren't here yesterday, that would be a bit difficult," Bill said, chuckling. "And yes, I'm serious. First off, you're still in no shape to be wandering the streets unless Marc worked some miracle cure on you."

 

"I feel better," Colin admitted, moving to sit on the arm of the sofa. He got up quickly when Bill frowned. "Sorry."

 

"What? Oh, the frown wasn't for your doing that. I was just, ah never mind, it was nothing. Are you hungry?"

 

"Tell me," Colin said. "Please? If it has to do with me, anyway." He shrugged.

 

Bill got up and indicated Colin should follow him as he headed to the kitchen. Once they were there, Colin standing somewhat nervously by the table, Bill asked, "How much has Marc told you about me?"

 

"Well, umm, that you're his partner."

 

Leaning against the counter Bill smiled slightly. "His jealous ass of a partner?"

 

Colin nodded, not sure where this was going. "He didn't tell me that, but…"

 

"So you're wondering when I'm going to blow up and kick you out of here."

 

"Maybe." Colin gave Bill a worried look.

 

"Then relax, because that's not happening. I meant what I said; you're not leaving until it's safe. Now what do you want for supper? We have leftovers or I can cook you something, a steak maybe." Bill looked at Colin appraisingly. "You need some meat on your bones, so I think steak, potatoes, a vegetable of some sort, a salad, and milk. Definitely milk."

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment