Friday, April 29, 2022

You Belong to Me – 87

 

Two days before he and Scott were to leave for Phil’s wedding, Corey called Kerry. He’d talked to him after the stalker had been arrested, to tell him what had happened. But he hadn’t mentioned anything about his and Scott’s budding relationship.

 

But I’d better. It will give us at least one person in our corner if the shit hits the fan.

 

With that, he punched in Kerry’s number and paced as he waited for him to answer.

 

“Hey, Corey. What’s up? And don’t you dare say you’re not coming to the wedding.”

 

“Wasn’t planning on it. I mean not coming. As a matter of fact, I’m bringing a friend.”

 

There was a second’s pause before Kerry said, “A male friend?”

 

“Yes. His name is Scott Reed.”

 

“The detective who went undercover to help stop the stalker,” Kerry stated. “Detective Foster told me about him.”

 

Puzzled, Corey asked, “Why?”

 

“After you called me to tell me about the murder, I wanted to find out what Foster was going to do about it. I reached him right after he’d decided to have Detective Reed go undercover as your ex. As a detective myself, and your brother, I wanted to be certain Reed knew what he was doing. Foster gave him a glowing recommendation.”

 

Corey chuckled. “Nice of him.”

 

“It did ease my mind a bit. Now, I’ll get to thank him in person. And vet him to see if he’s a suitable partner for you.”

 

“Don’t you dare! Besides which, we really haven’t gotten that far yet.”

 

“Have you slept with him?”

 

“That is none of your business.”

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment