Sunday, April 17, 2022

You Belong to Me – 81

 

“You have to make sure they don’t give you an assignment over the first weekend in February,” Corey told him.

 

 “Oh? Why’s that?”

 

“Because if I’m going to break things to my family, I need you there giving me courage. That weekend is when my brother Phil is getting married.”

 

Scott laughed. “So you think you’ll defuse your… revelation… by doing it when everyone is concentrating on that happy event?”

 

Corey nodded. “Is that crazy? Or asking to spoil it?”

 

“No. I think it’s probably the perfect time. I’ll talk to my lieutenant. After all, that’s only a couple of weeks from now. I still have time coming after my last assignment, so I should be able to wrangle a day or two off.”

 

“Thank you!”

 

“Hey, for you, anything.” Scott kissed him again.

 

Corey was so relieved, he said, impetuously, “Even letting me find out if we’re compatible in… all ways?”

 

Scott obviously got what he meant and his lips turning up in a grin, “Well, it’s pretty late and you do have to work in the morning.”

 

“Trust me, I’ve done that on only a few hours of sleep before. I think I’ll survive.”

 

“In that case….” Scott stood, waiting for Corey to join him. “I think your ‘compatibility’ test is in order. After all….”

 

“We do need to know,” Corey agreed as he headed to the bedroom, knowing Scott was right behind him.

 

2 comments: