Friday, April 1, 2022

You Belong to Me – 73

 

 

“Monday night and slow,” Scott commented when he and Corey walked into the club. “Well, slower than on the weekend,” he amended.

 

Corey agreed, since they were able to get a spot at the bar with no problem. A bartender came over, took their orders, and vanished, reappearing soon with their beers.

 

“Do you dance?” Scott asked after taking a drink.

 

Corey nodded. “Why come to a club if you don’t?”

 

“To watch the ‘scenery’ and meet men” was Scott’s immediate response, cocking an eyebrow at Corey.

 

“Okay, there is that.” He half turned to look at the dancers. A moment later he muttered, “Oh boy.”

 

Scott grinned. “Saw a spectacular one?”

 

His question was answered when Renny appeared. Ignoring Scott, he put his hands on Corey’s shoulders, saying, “Let’s dance.”

 

“I’m with someone,” Corey replied, sending Scott an embarrassed look.

 

Renny looked Scott over briefly, then returned his attention to Corey. “I’m sure he wouldn’t mind sharing.”

 

“Actually,” Scott said tightly, “I would.”

 

“Isn’t it Corey’s decision?” Renny replied a bit snidely, his gaze still locked on Corey. “Come on, dance with me.”

 

“Renny….” Corey sighed. “Behave.”

 

“Moi?” Renny grinned. “Never. Okay, this time I will, as much as it pains me to do so.” He glanced at Scott again, then told Corey, “I’ll give you this. You picked a looker. He’s not me, but….” After winking at them, he left, trailing laughter behind him.

 

“Sorry about that,” Corey murmured. “He’s… incorrigible.”

 

“An old friend, I take it.” When Corey nodded, staring at his bottle of beer, Scott put one arm around his waist. “I’m not naïve, Corey. You go clubbing for the same reasons I do, to have fun and maybe get lucky. Yeah, it pissed me off some that that guy kept coming on to you when he found out we’re here together. But you didn’t take him up on his offer, both stated and implied, so it’s all good.”

 

“You’re sure?”

 

Scott nodded. “I’m sure.” Then he grinned. “Now how many other men will I have to set straight?”

 

Snorting, Corey replied, “I think, given where we are, that would be impossible.”

 

          “True, that. But just to let everyone know we are together.” Scott tugged him close enough to give him a kiss.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment