Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Fear - 18


Shawn picked Jared up from work as he always did the days he had the truck. When they got home, Shawn began folding the laundry only to have Jared tell him scathingly that he was hungry and wanted his dinner first.

While Shawn prepared it, Jared went over the shopping list, checking it against what Shawn had bought. "You forgot the ice cream," he pointed out.

Shawn expected a lecture on how stupid he was for doing that. Instead Jared just frowned, telling him he'd go get some after dinner. They ate then Jared took off, promising to be back soon.

It was late, well past ten, when he returned.

Jared slammed the door to trailer open hard enough that it hit the wall—and slammed it closed again once he was inside. One look at Jared's face and Shawn began backing away, hands held defensively in front of him.

"Who the hell was the man you were with today?" Jared roared as he advanced on Shawn.

"I wasn't with any man," Shawn protested. "Honest, I wasn't."

"Not what I heard." Jared backed Shawn up against the living room wall, his breath smelling strongly of alcohol. "Talked to Mr. Allen at the grocery store. He said he saw you with a good looking guy, chatting up a storm while he helped you carry the stuff to the truck. Then I ran into Ms Darling from the Laundromat. She was quite eager to let me know the guy was in there with you, too."

The first punch landed on Shawn's shoulder, the second in his stomach. The third hit his already injured ribs and he passed out from the pain.

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! I want to kill Jared! Seriously slow and very painful...I bet I could do it. I do love this story though we have had some tough ones for the past few and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you could make it very slow and painful. You have that protective streak in you.

      Delete
  2. I just caught up from being away. Shawn needs some serious help.

    ReplyDelete