Sunday, December 30, 2018

The Hotel - 35


"Good morning," Edwin said when I awoke Saturday morning.

"Umm, good morning to you." I was surprised, but not terribly so, to find he was still in my room. The last thing I remembered was a lot of good sex before I fell asleep with him spooned behind me. "What time is it?"

"Close to nine." He finished putting on his shoes. "I have things to do but I didn't want to leave until I did this." He bent to kiss me. "I'll see you when you get downstairs."

I kissed him back then watched as he checked the hallway and gave me a thumbs-up before taking off. Our having sex, because I wasn't about to call it making love, was becoming a habit. One I'd miss when we finally were able to leave and return to the city.

After I showered and got dressed, I headed down to the dining room to get something to eat. Everyone was there except Ramsey, who I presumed was still sleeping off his binge from last night.

The moment I walked in I knew they had heard that we weren't leaving this morning as planned.

"Okay," I said when I got to our communal table. "Let's not get bent out of shape. We can do another show tonight, which will help Caitlin polish her performance. That way I won't have worry about the show when we get back home. That is if it's all right with you."

Caitlin's face lit up. "You're serious? I get to keep on doing her?"

"Yep. I don't see why not. I'm not promising I won't look for another actress to replace Tessa, because I will. But having you available, too, means we can do shows with more than two females in them."

For someone who once told me she wasn't an actress and never wanted to be, Caitlin seemed very excited to be joining the acting roster. That gave me pause when I recalled Edwin's comments from the previous evening. While I couldn't picture Caitlin as a murderer, I supposed it could just as well have been her as anyone else.

"Can we at least get out of here for the day?" Kirby asked. "I'll go crazy if we're stuck inside, especially since the weather's better. There's even sunshine and most of the snow has melted."

"I don't see why not. All I ask is, you don't go out alone," I replied.

"Afraid one of us will take off if they're the killer?" Marsh asked sourly.

"Not at all. None of us know the area that well. It wouldn't pay to get lost, or fall into some abandoned pit and not be able to call for help."

"Or run into a wolf," Jenn said, shivering.

"Probably the least of our problems," I told her. "As far as I know, no one's seen one since the first night we were here," I added, lying through my teeth. Knowing what I did, that the 'wolves' were wolf shifters who had no reason to bother any of us, I figured I could at least lay that fear to rest.

4 comments:

  1. Love love you so much! How far from where they have their stage are they? Could he and Edwin have a hea??

    ReplyDelete