Sunday, November 17, 2019

One Plus Two Equals... - 29


"This gives me a lot to think about."
"Is that good or bad?" Duane asked.
"It's damned confusing is what it is." Julyan pulled away so he could really look at Duane. "I like you; I like you a lot, to be honest. But now that I know Auden is your other half and not some stranger trying to come on to me for whatever reason I…his doing that doesn't bother me as much as it did."
Duane snorted softly. "So you're saying I'm in competition with myself for your affections."
Julyan gave his words serious thought before replying. "You have my affections, and perhaps in time my love. That's yet to be determined and of course you might not feel the same. But there is something about Auden, something which… Damn it, this isn't fair to you and it is you I care about. I told him that."
"Yeah, I know. I was there lest you forget."
Suddenly Julyan's eyes widened in shock when something occurred to him. "When you and I…when we were making love…"
"Yes, he was there. Oh, I wasn't conscious of him if that's what's got you worried, but I knew he was there and he’ll remember it, just as I remember what he does when he’s the one in charge."
"That's going to put one big crimp in things. How can I go to bed with you again knowing he's watching? Although…" Julyan shivered when he realized the idea excited as well as appalled him.
"I wish we could test the theory." Again Duane took Julyan in his arms, this time to kiss him gently.
Julyan responded. There was no way he couldn't, even though a small part of his mind was thinking about the fact Auden was there too. He hadn't been lying; he did care for Duane, now even more than he had before because Duane had trusted him enough to reveal his secret. "We can test the theory," he murmured when the kiss ended.
"But not right now, I'm afraid," Duane replied with a smile. "I'm sure I have a bunch of employees standing around outside the restaurant wondering where the hell I am."
"Oh shit, is it that late?" Julyan glanced at the clock beside the bed. "It is!" He jumped out of bed, searching for his clothes. "Now's when it would be nice if you were a wolf-shifter. You could teleport us there, or whatever it is they do."
Duane laughed as he headed to the bathroom. "Sorry, but that is not one of my talents."

6 comments:

  1. Love it! Julyan is amazing. I hope the Duane and Auden gives him a chance. I love how you arranged the names btw. Lol clever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to take some time to adjust to this idea and reality... i do love the play with the name!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will.
      I had fun finding a pair of names that would work. *G*

      Delete
  3. JUlyan's mind goes in so many directions

    ReplyDelete