Saturday, March 11, 2023

(6) Caomhnóir

 

 

“You know,” Thom said later that evening as he and Keegan left the club, “Darius is actually the first of your people I’ve met, other than Alasdair of course. I don’t know why, but for some reason I thought all of you were Gaelic.”

 

“If that were true there would be hardly any of us, since Gaels are notoriously good and kind people and devout non-sinners, me being the obvious exception.”

 

Thom rolled his eyes. “Yeah, right. So, are you actually going to meet up with him somewhere?”

 

“I rather expect I shall, if for no other reason than to make certain he leaves you alone.”

 

“Come on, Keegan, he wouldn’t really try to mess with me would he?”

 

Keegan stopped walking, turning to put his hands on Thom’s shoulders. “His sin was sowing discord among brethren. Even now he likes nothing more than to stir up trouble, which in certain circumstances comes in useful. This is not one of them. As I said, I’ll make certain he doesn’t bother you.”

 

Thom nodded, his mind flashing back to the last time someone had ‘bothered’ him, and he shuddered. Keegan immediately wrapped him in a tight embrace.

 

“He’s not like them, mo ghrá. He might try to separate us, if he’s in the mood, but that would be the worst of it.”

 

“The worst?” Thom looked at him. “I can’t think of anything more horrible than loosing you.”

 

“Thomas Aloysius Mulloy, how many times will I have to tell you, that will not happen,” Keegan said firmly.

 

“Forever Keegan o Broin, because hearing it makes my heart stand still and then beat with joy.” He took Keegan’s hand, placing it over his heart.

 

“So I see.” Keegan smiled softly as he threaded his other hand through Thom’s hair, tugging enough to bring his lips within kissing distance. “Is breá liom tú, Thom.”

 

“Damn, you two, get a room as they say.”

 

Keegan looked over Thom’s shoulder to see Darius standing there, his arm around the waist of a barely legal twink. “Night, Darius,” he muttered before going back to what he’d started, kissing Thom thoroughly for several moments, savoring his passionate response.

 

Therefore, he missed the hateful look Darius shot at Thom before turning swiftly around, causing his companion to give a small cry of surprise as he stumbled forward. “Keep up, or go home,” Darius hissed, striding away.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment