Thursday, March 9, 2023

(5) Caomhnóir


 

“Are you trying to kill me?” Keegan grumbled as he and Thom collapsed against the railing surrounding the dance floor.

 

Thom snorted. “I don’t think that’s possible, all things considered.”

 

“Yes, well—” Keegan reached for him, pulling him back against his chest. “Perhaps you’re just trying to tire me so much that I’ll be unable to have my wicked way with you later.”

 

“As if.” Thom wriggled his ass and chuckled when he felt Keegan’s cock respond. “I don’t think you’ll have the least bit of trouble.”

 

“Keegan!” The shouted word was followed almost immediately by the appearance of a tall, dark-haired man wearing clothes that left nothing to the imagination. “When the hell did you get back in town, how long are you staying?” The man threw his arms around Keegan, apparently totally ignoring that Thom had to move quickly out of the way for that to happen.

 

Keegan however was well aware of it, tugging Thom back to him the moment the man released his hold. “I have just returned, Darius,” Keegan replied somewhat formally. “And if you please, or even if you do not, be polite. You almost tumbled my man back onto the dance floor.”

 

Darius pursed his lips in amusement as he eyed Thom. “Tam bellum hominem. You are lucky, my friend.”

 

“Did he just call me beautiful?” Thom asked.

 

Keegan nodded. “And in Latin no less, to show off his erudition,” he muttered with a shake of his head.

 

“He’s—” Thom started to ask.

 

“A show off, right Darius?”

 

“And just a bit jealous as well,” Darius added with a grin at Thom. “I always wanted Keegan. Apparently you have something I don’t if he considers you his man.”

 

“Manners to start with,” Keegan said, gaining a laugh from both men. “Darius, this is Thom, and like me he is off limits.”

 

“A pleasure, I’m sure,” Darius replied, kicking a foot up against the wall and leaning back, his arms crossed over his chest as he watched the dance floor.

 

Thom, seeing that Darius’ attention was elsewhere for the moment, turned his head to whisper to Keegan, “He’s one of yours, isn’t he?”

 

Keegan nodded, knowing that he meant Darius was a Caomhnóir, not some ex-lover. “And very old, much older than I.”

 

“He looks it,” Thom said with a grin, earning an arched eyebrow from Keegan.

 

“I heard that, you two,” Darius growled before pushing off the wall, his gaze fixed on a young man on the dance floor. “I catch up with you later, Keegan.”

 

“I’m sure you will,” Keegan muttered as he started back towards the bar, keeping Thom close beside him.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment