Monday, December 18, 2023

32 – This Gift, This Curse

 

 

"And Kevin and I become great buddies and lovers," Mick said with a grin.

 

"What?" Kevin's eyes widened in disbelief.

 

Mick shrugged. "Just getting that out there. Is that a problem?"

 

Kevin glanced at his mother then burst out laughing. "Not even."

 

"Okay, what hasn't someone told me?" Will asked, almost glaring at Mira.

 

Mick snorted. "If you can't figure it out from that, you're dumber than I thought."

 

"I'm gay too," Kevin said, before Will could get any more upset than he seemed to be. "Just not out, except to Mom."

 

Will frowned. "Too bad. If you were, you might never have been attacked."

 

"What do you mean? What's that got to do with what happened?"

 

Mick shook his head. "Guess you just let the cat out of the bag, Will."

 

"Well, to Kev at least," Mira said. "I already know what he can do."

 

"Okay, damn it, will someone explain what's going on here. Please?"

 

Will nodded. "I guess I might as well at this point. I'm psychic—a precognitive, to be specific. I saw you being attacked and heard what the man said to you. It wasn't quite as you remember it, Kev. What he really said was, 'She belongs to me'."

 

"She? Are you sure? That makes even less sense than thinking I have some 'thing' that he thought was his, or should be his, or whatever." Kevin stared at Will as all of what he'd said sank in. "You saw it and you didn't try to stop it?" he said, disbelief and anger warring in his expression.

 

"He did try," Mick told him. "We both did, but we didn't know who you were or where you lived." He smiled slightly. "Do you know how many alleys we went down so he could look at the backs of building trying to find the one he'd seen in his vision?"

 

"So, just out of the blue, you saw it happen?" Though he was still a bit angry, Kevin was still intrigued by the idea.

 

"Not quite that remote," Will replied. "We were on a roof, watching for something, and Mick saw you coming out of a movie." He chuckled. "His comment, if I remember correctly, was along the lines of 'why are all the cute ones straight?'."

 

Kevin looked at Mick and his lips quirked up in a small grin. "Meaning me?"

 

"Umm, yeah. And so?"

 

"Hey, I wasn't complaining, just asking."


No comments:

Post a Comment