Sunday, March 20, 2022

You Belong to Me – 67

 

“Shall we continue our walk?” Scott asked.

 

“Only if you start behaving.”

 

“I was behaving. I was behaving like I’m with a man who interests me more than a little.”

 

Needing desperately to change the subject, because he wasn’t yet ready to deal with what Scott had said, Corey asked, “Did you meet with what’s her name? The artist?”

 

“That was out of the blue. I did. Her name is Jenn Stuart, and she’ll have a finished drawing by late this afternoon. Or drawings. She wanted to put together several different versions, with possible hairstyles and with or without facial hair.”

 

“In case he’s been hanging around the shelter?”

 

“Yeah, or at one of the clubs.”

 

“That makes sense. Is it okay if I come with you to see them? I don’t want to wait until you get copies to bring back for me to look at.”

 

“I’ll call and ask.” He phoned and told Corey after hanging up, “She’s fine with that and said we can come by in a couple of hours, when she’s finished. We did this at her place as I can’t be connected to the police station. Especially since your stalker is obviously following me now. At least he did last night.”

 

“What if he finds out she’s a police artist?”

 

“She’s a professional artist with a studio at her house.” Scott smiled mischievously. “The fact she does contract work with the department is something I’m totally unaware of. I visited her this morning to buy one of her pieces. It’s now residing, well wrapped, in the trunk of my car. When we go there, we’ll make it known you came along because you liked what I bought and might be considering purchasing something.”

 

Corey nodded. “Then you’d better remember to show it to me when we get back to my place.”

 

“Of course. And you’ll ooh and ah over it.”

 

Snorting, Corey told him, “I don’t do ‘ooh and ah.’”

 

“Okay, then, the masculine equivalent thereof.”

 

“That I can manage.”

 

 

 

2 comments: