Monday, March 14, 2022

You Belong to Me – 64

 

 

Corey nodded, intending to play out their ruse by pretending Scott was doing just that. He was beyond shocked when Scott actually kissed him, however briefly.

 

“I’ve missed doing that,” Scott said softly. “Even though right now it’s… well, I can’t say for the wrong reasons, but…”

 

Swallowing hard, Corey said, “I… I’ve missed… well, you know.”

 

“Got it.” Scott chuckled. “So give me a few minutes to assimilate this… message. What are you feeding me, master chef?”

 

“Food?” Corey managed to say.

 

“No kidding. Not sure I’m hungry now, but…”

 

As soon as they were in the kitchen, Scott mouthed, “Paper, pen?” When Corey handed them to him, Scott wrote: Buttons pushed, grinning a bit.

 

I’d say in spades, Corey wrote back. Aloud he said, “Give me a few minutes and this should be ready.”

 

“Smells good, whatever it is.”

 

“Spicy beef stir-fry.” Before going back to the stove, Corey started to write something more, then shook his head.

 

“Need some help?” Scott asked, getting up to join him. Then, barely whispering, he said, “What didn’t you write?”

 

Corey shivered as Scott’s breath brushed his ear. “Why did you…?” he murmured.

 

“Kiss you?” When Corey nodded, Scott whispered, “Not just as part of the act. I wanted to see what it would be like.”

 

“And?”

 

“Pay attention to what you’re doing,” Scott said in a normal tone of voice, chuckling, “or lunch will be charcoal.”

 

“Ugh. Yeah. If you want to help, put out plates and silverware. They’re in there.” He pointed to one of the cupboards and a drawer.



2 comments: