Wednesday, March 16, 2022

You Belong to Me – 65

 

 

Scott set the table, then came back, handing Corey his reply to his question. I want to do it again.

 

Corey grabbed the pen from him and wrote Me too.

 

Hoped you would, Scott wrote. Then he added, grinning, Silent seduction? followed by a smiley face.

 

You’re crazy, Corey scribbled.

 

Scott’s reply was to give him a swift kiss before going back to the table.

 

Corey got the message. “I think we can eat now.” He put the rice he’d made in one bowl and the stir-fry in another, taking them both to the table.

 

Scott looked at the bowls, then up at Corey. “Do I dish this out with my fingers?”

 

“You’re the one who put out the silverware,” Corey grumbled, going to get serving spoons. After he stuck one in each bowl, he sat down.

 

“This is good,” Scott told him a few minutes later. “I wish….”

 

“Umm?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“What, Reed?” Corey had almost said “Scott,” but caught himself just in time.

 

“I miss your cooking. But then….” After a moment’s hesitation, Scott said softly. “I miss you.”

 

“It didn’t work,” Corey replied, playing his role.

 

“We could try again. Maybe this time it would?”

 

“Maybe….” Corey said slowly. “We can think about it.”

 

“Thinking is good.”

 

Grabbing the pad of paper, Corey wrote: Let’s not overdo it.

 

Scott nodded and went back to eating.

2 comments: