Friday, March 18, 2022

You Belong to Me – 66

 

 

When lunch was finished and dishes done, Scott and Corey decided a walk was in order. “To work off a damned good meal,” as Scott put it for the stalker to hear. “And to show you a picture I bought. I have a feeling you’ll like it.”

 

“A picture?”

 

“Yeah, you’ll see. It’s in the trunk of my car.”

 

“I think I was getting writer’s cramps,” Corey grumbled once they were outside.

 

Scott laughed. “At least we had a way to communicate. I’d be willing to bet he thought we were making out when we paused to write.”

 

“Putting you in more danger than you already are. Speaking of which, how, or more like where, did you find that picture he left you?”

 

“Seems like he followed me back to the apartment I’m using. It was under my door this morning.”

 

Corey looked at him askance. “Seems like he followed you? Did you let him?”

 

“Let’s just say I drove straight there after dropping you off last night. I didn’t try to avoid being followed. Before you ask, I didn’t spot him, which means he knows what he’s doing.”

 

“Since he’s managed to break into my place more than once, even after I got the security system, I’d say that’s a given. I wish I knew if he’s watching us now.”

 

“It’s a good possibility.” Scott put one arm around Corey’s waist. “So, let’s entertain him, as it were.”

 

“By?” Corey got the answer seconds later when Scott kissed him. He didn’t know whether to be shocked because he did it so publicly, or elated that he was kissing him in the first place. Either way, he gave back as good as he was getting.

 

“Was that for show?” Scott asked when they broke apart.

 

“You tell me. You started it.”

 

Scott smiled. “I said I wanted to kiss you again. So yeah, maybe it was a bit to irritate your stalker, but mostly it was because I had to find out if you’d kiss me back for real or break it off fast.”

 

“I almost… for a second.” Corey waved one arm around to encompass the fact there were people around.

 

“But you didn’t. And as far as I can tell, no one seems to have given a damn.” He snorted softly. “Of course in this city we are, if not the norm, at least not… un-normal?”

 

“True, I guess.”

 

“Corey, you know it’s true. And…. Okay, I’m not going to lecture you again.”

 

“Thanks,” Corey replied with relief. He had to admit he wasn’t as upset by what had just happened as he would have been even a week earlier. Still, he wasn’t nearly ready to go public that he was gay. Or more public than Scott just forced on me. He shot him an irritated look, grimacing when Scott grinned in return.

 

2 comments:

  1. I like Scott but I fear for him. This guy is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there could be trouble ahead for Scott for sure.

      Delete