Saturday, December 21, 2019

One Plus Two Equals... - 46


Julyan watched Auden, wishing he could hear what was being said. Common sense told him it probably wasn't a good idea to try and eavesdrop. After what seemed an interminable length of time, Auden finally hung up and came back to where Julyan was now impatiently sitting.
"We're going to have company in the morning. For now though, I think dinner and sleep are in order." Auden flopped down beside Julyan. "Who would you rather eat with, me or him?"
"Both of you," Julyan replied, wishing it was possible.
"Duane, it is then."
"I didn't say that."
"You didn't have to. I'm here, but you want us both, which to me means you'd really prefer it was him but didn't want to hurt my feelings."
Julyan rolled his eyes. "Now who's being temperamental?"
"Not me." Auden smirked. "Just calling it as I see it."
Leaning forward, Julyan put his hands on Auden's shoulders. "Make you a deal. I get you for dinner and dessert, then him for breakfast."
"Breakfast in bed?"
"Well, duh."
"Someday you're going to push your luck."
Keeping his hands on Auden's shoulders, Julyan pulled him close enough to kiss. "I have all the luck I ever wanted with the both of you in my life," he whispered against Auden's lips. "Now you just have to make damned good and certain you stay alive past tomorrow night."
Pulling away, Auden shook his head. "I have to be certain you stay alive and don't get taken."
"If we're right about them…"
Auden put a finger to Julyan's lips. "I think we're right about them wanting you here alone so they can grab you. The problem is if that happens, and trust me I'm going to do all in my power to stop it from happening, then keeping you alive once they gain their objective would be iffy at best."
"You sure know how to cheer a guy up." Julyan was teasing, trying to lighten the dark look on Auden's face. He succeeded in that his lover's lips did turn up a hair. Glad of that, he suggested they eat dinner before it was ruined. Then he realized he'd never even started it. "How do you feel about hamburgers and… salad?"
"How about the salad makings on the hamburger? Much easier that way."
"Deal."

8 comments:

  1. AACCKKKK OMFGODDESS you just don't freakin know how much I love this story. Excellent part her my good friend. But dangit I will be wondering about it til Monday. Are you going to take next week off? If so I have a longer wait but I will survive on books. And If you are going out grid next week Merry Christmas many hugs for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I'll be around. I'm not going anywhere. So I'll say 'Merry Christmas' on Monday, or Wednesday. -hugs-

      Delete
  2. Excellent news for my damn nerves....rotflmao

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the story... i really like how Julyan is so direct with Auden and doesn't let him get away with 'you want him, no me'... looking forward to more! Hope your holidays are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so enjoying this. thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete