Thursday, December 19, 2019

One Plus Two Equals... - 45


Still worrying his lip, Julyan said almost under his breath, "What if I come along?"
"And do what? You're human, the ones I'll be dealing with undoubtedly aren't. So no, you're not coming with me. I'm finding a safe place to stash you until this is over."
"Why not here? With the security turned on it should be safe as aces."
"Not if they know this is where we live." There was a long pause while Auden stood, pacing the length of the room and back. Suddenly he swore violently, slamming his fist into the palm of his hand. "I'm denser than a fence post!"
"What?" Julyan asked once his heart rate slowed again.
"That's exactly what they want to happen. They draw me away and come after you. With you in their clutches they think I'd do whatever they wanted to get you back. Well, either I would or Duane, depending on who they're targeting."
Julyan shivered, fear limning his face. His next words however belied the fear as he straightened, his eyes locking on Auden. "If that's their plan then we screw it up."
Auden cocked an eyebrow, feeling proud of his young lover's determination. "And just how do we do that, oh great and wise one?"
"Well…" Julyan was up now and pacing just as Auden had been. "First off, we have to fool them somehow into thinking you're at the Square when you're really here."
"Sorry but I gave my doppelganger the month off for vacation."
Julyan stopped in his tracks to glare at him. "This isn't funny, Auden."
"I know. Trust me, keeping you safe it the most serious thing going at the moment."
"Keeping all of us safe, damn it!"
"Okay, okay, calm down. We can't figure out how if you go all temperamental on me."
Taking a deep breath, Julyan nodded. "So back to the problem, how can you be in two places at the same time?"
"Let me make a couple of calls and maybe I can come up with something that will work." Auden took out his phone, dialing a secured number while he paced to the far end of the room. A glance over his shoulder told him Julyan was behaving and not trying to listen. He smiled at him then went back to his call.

4 comments:

  1. I’m very curious about what they are going to do. Hhuummm damnit you make my head hurt. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It could be interesting to see what Auden comes up with.

      Delete