Tuesday, December 3, 2019

One Plus Two Equals... - 37


The idea that Duane and Auden were leaving him—and Julyan now thought of them as the two men he loved, not one individual with two halves—caused conflicting emotions for him.
"Less than a week," he repeated angrily.
"It was supposed to be two days from now but I got him to give us more time."
"What about the restaurant? Oh, never mind."
Auden chuckled. "That's Duane's province, obviously, but if things go as they always do, the boss already has someone lined up to take over."
"Whoever it is, I'm not going to stay and work for them," Julyan grumbled. It was the truth. He had every intention of either convincing Duane to take him with him or somehow following them when they left. But that was for later.
"Julyan, please don't make this any harder than it already is."
"I'm sorry. It's just… How am I going to survive without you?"
"The same way you did before we came into your life."
"Not possible," Julyan spat out, pulling away from him. "Before, I didn't know what it was like to love someone. Now I love both of you."
"No matter what you think, I understand. Believe me, I do. I never loved anyone until you." He sighed deeply. "Sometimes, when it seems fate has finally smiled on you, something comes along to rip the rug out from under you."
"A bit of a mixed metaphor."
"Yes, I guess it is, but true nonetheless."
"We still have some time together." Julyan stood, holding out his hand. "Let's make the most of it while we can."
"What the hell, why not." Auden took it, allowing Julyan to pull him up, snickering when the younger man muttered, 'Such enthusiasm'. "Believe me, for this, I have a great deal of enthusiasm," he replied as Julyan led him to the bedroom.

3 comments:

  1. So sad that they cannot come up with a plan. This was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They need a plan... so don't want them to lose their love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're clever men. I'm sure they'll come up with something.

      Delete