Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Everyone's Man – 8


"Ah, perfect. You're right on time." The man smiled as he let Colin into the house. "Did you have any trouble finding the place?"

 

Colin shook his head. "I just told the cab driver the address. He knew right where to go."

 

The man looked at him in surprise. "Why didn't you tell me, I'd have sent my driver to pick you up?"

 

"It's no biggie." Colin looked around the large, overly decorated foyer before asking, "What do you want me to do?"

 

"Come with me and I'll introduce you to the guest of honor. I'm sure you can figure out the what after that."

 

Leading Colin to a door at one side of the foyer, the man opened it and ushered him into a huge living room. There were maybe six men standing around, talking and drinking. They all turned to look when the host spoke. "Our entertainment is here."

 

"Wait a minute," Colin said, stopping dead in his tracks. "I'm not the entertainment. I'm just…" He froze when another door opened and the man he feared most stepped into the room, a feral smile on his face.

 

"Colin, meet the birthday boy," the host said.

 

"Hell, no!" Colin turned, intent on getting out of there.

 

His attacker was beside him in the blink of an eye. "I don't think you'll be going anywhere for a while, Colin," he said pleasantly. "You're my birthday gift and I'm a man who likes to share what he's been given." He grabbed Colin's arm, pulling him away from the door.

 

"No way in hell!" Colin struggled to get free from the vise-like grip of the tall, well-dressed middle-aged man as he looked up at his lust-filled face.

 

The man continued to smile. "For you, this just might be hell. For the rest of us it's going to be heaven."

 

* * * *

 

Marc watched as the ambulance crew pushed the stretcher through the doors.

 

"We got a bad one here, Doc. Where do you want him?"

 

Marc pointed, following behind as they took their patient into the curtained area. While lifting the man carefully from the stretcher onto the bed, one of the EMTs quickly gave Marc the victim's vitals. "Someone called in about a body in an alley. Luckily it wasn't a body, though the kid might wish he'd died if what we think happened actually did." The driver handed Marc a pair of slacks and a shirt. "These were found underneath him. Presumably they're his."

 

Dropping the clothing on a chair, Marc crossed to take his first look at the victim and growled angrily. He knew the young man; he'd stitched him up less than a month ago. Now he was going to need a lot more than just stitches.

 

After a cursory initial examination, he turned to one of the nurses who'd joined them. "Get me a rape kit," he ordered. While he waited, he did a more thorough check of the young man's condition.

 

2 comments: