Sunday, November 27, 2022

Everyone's Man – 17

 

 

"Says you. You weren't there." Colin's agony-filled eyes gazed at Marc.

 

"Says me because I understand the body and how it works." Marc took his hand, just to hold it. "The only stupid thing you did was trust someone you didn't know."

 

Colin smiled wanly. "That comes with what I do."

 

"Then you've been damned lucky this is the first time you've been hurt."

 

"Raped, Marc. I don't like the word, but it's what happened. Yeah, I guess I have been lucky in a way. I've had run-ins with real weirdoes, but I always managed to talk my way out of it. Just get away from the situation. When you're built like I am, you learn to do that."

 

"You mean cute and sexy?" Marc said, then immediately regretted it when a shadow passed over Colin's face. "Sorry," he said sincerely. "I know now's not the time to be saying something like that."

 

"It's okay, I guess. Sorta makes me think maybe I can get back to what I do best again if someone sees me like that. If you do, maybe my johns will too, when the time comes."

 

"Oh, they would, but damn it, Colin, there has to be something else you can do instead."

 

"Don't try to be the Salvation Army, Marc. It's the way I choose to live my life." Colin chewed his lip. "I just have to get…back in shape again."

 

"Which is going to take time on a physical level, as I'm sure Dr. Allen pointed out to you. If he didn't, then I am."

 

Colin nodded. "I know, but," he quirked a small grin, "my mouth still works just fine."

 

Marc was about to make a comment about that when his cell chimed. Checking the ID, he sighed and then texted Mr. Jealous Man his reply, I'll be home soon. Sorry I'm so late, before putting the phone away.

 

"The boyfriend wondering where you are?" Colin asked with a knowing grin.

 

"Exactly, so let's finish up and get home before he leaves." He didn't add that Bill would already be beyond pissed because Marc hadn't been there much earlier that evening as he'd promised. The fact that Colin had needed him and he'd gone running to help was his fault, not the young man's, but convincing Bill to see it that way might prove dicey.

 

2 comments: