Friday, November 25, 2022

Everyone's Man – 16


 

As they drove from the hospital to the apartment, Marc covertly watched Colin and then chuckled. "Your stomach's going to start growling any second now. Let's get you some real food, not the hospital pap."

 

"No, that's okay. I'm good," Colin told him. "Honest."

 

"Well I'm not, and I don't feel like making something to eat when I get home." Marc pulled into the lot of an all-night diner.

 

A few minutes later they had both ordered, Marc insisting Colin get more than just scrambled eggs and toast. As they waited for their meals to be delivered, Marc sipped his coffee while he observed Colin fidgeting with his napkin. Finally, tired of the prolonged silence, he asked, "What are your plans now?"

 

Colin shrugged. "Getting as far away from here as I can, for starters, and then finding someone who'll add me to their stable."

 

"You make it sound like you're a horse, not a person."

 

Colin's eyebrows rose in amusement. "Well, when you think about it, we both get ridden."

 

"Colin, damn," Marc growled but he couldn't help but laugh before sobering. "That's all you know how to do?"

 

Again Colin shrugged. "Yeah. I dropped out of high school my senior year cause it wasn't cutting it for me. I'm not exactly, you know, mister macho, and I got tired of dealing with the idiots that couldn't accept me the way I am. Before you ask, my folks accept I'm gay and understood why I left."

 

"Do they know, well…you know."

 

"That I earn my money sucking dick? No. They think I'm a waiter at a fancy restaurant in Chicago. I figured that was far enough away from LA that they weren't likely to try to 'drop in' to check it out."

 

"How did you end up here, of all places?" Marc sat back so the waitress could put down their plates and top off his coffee.

 

"Got off the bus and ran into—" he frowned as if considering his next words. "Into the man I used to work for. He thought I had potential." Colin paused to start eating hungrily. Once he'd made a dent in the food in front of him, he continued. "I guess I did, because I've been here for three years."

 

"Was this the first time you earned money that way?"

 

Colin broke into laughter. "Not hardly. I learned all the tricks of the trade in alleys behind bars and in restrooms even before I left school, and put them to use working my way across the country."

 

Marc looked at him over the rim of his coffee cup. "That doesn't sound like fun."

 

"I like sex. I might as well get paid for doing it. Yeah, it can have its drawbacks, especially when you let men pick you up in a bar or bathhouse, but all in all I've been lucky up until now." He looked down, a deep frown on his face. "I got overconfident and stupid again," he muttered quietly.

 

Marc reached across the table and put his fingers under Colin's chin to make him look up. "You know that what happened wasn't your fault."

 

"Yeah, up here I know it," Colin tapped his forehead. "I've read all the stuff on-line about rape. But…" his hands fisted. "I put myself in the position for it to happen, because of what I did and what I am. Which," he stared defiantly at Marc, "doesn't mean I'm going to stop whoring. It's good money and my only real talent. I'm just… Hell, I don't know." He bowed his head again. "What I can't figure is why, when it was happening it must have turned me on, 'cause I came a couple of times. That's sick."

 

"As a doctor, I can tell you it was a normal, involuntary physiological reaction and nothing more, Colin. You were ejaculating, not having an orgasm per se. Hard to accept or even distinguish, but you did not do it because you asked for or enjoyed what they were doing to you."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment