Sunday, May 2, 2021

Don't Touch Me! - 45


 

"I guess I should be glad none of them came looking for me."

"Why would they? They were doing a favor for your father, from what Garey said. Besides, it happened what? Seven years ago, right? They got their jollies whaling on you and probably forgot about it the next day."

"Like me," Cody said dryly. "Although not for the same reason."

Brent smiled. "Calming down a bit, I see."

"Trying to. I'm even beginning to get hungry." As if his words called him, the waiter appeared to hand them menus. Cody opened his, asking, "What's good?"

"This," the waiter replied, leaning in to tap one of the items. As he did, his arm brushed Cody's.

For an instant, Cody panicked, his breath coming out in fast bursts. Then he took hold of his emotions. It's not an attack. He's not going to hurt me. He looked up at the man, with a crooked smile. "If you recommend it, I'll have some."

"Some what?" Brent asked, his gaze locked on Cody.

"Umm…" Cody had to check. "Meatloaf and mashed potatoes."

"Make it two," Brent told the waiter. When the man left, Brent took Cody's hand. "You did it!"

Cody grinned. "I did. I came close to losing it, but I fought the feeling and damn it, I won." He sobered. "At least this time."

"Each time it'll get easier." Brent squeezed Cody's hand. "I'll be honest with you. I wasn't certain, after everything with Garey, you'd be able to hold it together. But you succeeded." He smiled, murmuring, "Lean closer." When Cody did, Brent kissed him.

Cody returned it, saying a moment later, "Is that my reward for not losing it?"

"Nope. It's because I like kissing you and will use any reason to do so."

"You are so good for my morale."

"Anything to keep that smile on your face."

"You make it easy."

Brent leaned back, eyeing him. "This might not be the time, since this isn't a romantic setting with music and candlelight, but just so you know, I'm beyond just caring about you. I love you."

Cody's pulse raced, but he didn't want to go all gushy—which was the way he felt—so he replied as calmly as possible, "Good, because I love you too."

"Nice to know." Brent winked. "So show me." When Cody gulped, Brent shook his head. "Not that way. Damn. First off, we're in public. Secondly, there's a big difference between kissing and cuddling, and taking things to the next step. We won't do that until I'm very sure you can handle it." He grinned suddenly. "I just left myself open to some very ribald replies."

Cody laughed. "You did, but I get what you meant." He might have said more if the waiter hadn't arrived with their meals. When he left, Cody beckoned Brent to come closer so they could kiss. "I do love you," he whispered. "And in time I really will be able to show you just how much."

"I know," Brent replied softly. "There's no hurry. I just wanted you to know how I feel and that it's reciprocated."

"It is." Cody smiled happily. "More than you can ever imagine."

Brent tapped Cody's nose. "Wonderful. Now, let's eat before it gets cold."

6 comments:

  1. Happy to see the way they carry on. And aawww saying I love you. I am sure with patience Cody will saw Brent more and more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure. Knowing you are loved can help a lot.

      Delete