Friday, December 25, 2020

Making the Rent the Hard Way - 33


 

"Any ideas where we could hole up that would make it seem like we think we're safe there?" I asked.

"Not off the top of my head." Luca went over to the fireplace. Resting his hands on the mantle, he stared at the unlit logs. "It has to be somewhere off the beaten path."

"What about the ruined house, way the hell-and-gone, you had me meet you at before bringing me here for the first time?"

He turned to look at me, nodding slowly. "It could work. You saw for yourself that no one can approach without being seen. There's more to it than what you saw."

"Meaning?"

"It has a basement."

"Full of mice and vermin, I'm betting."

Luca grinned. "Actually, no. I went all wolf on them."

"You had better be kidding."

"I am. Damn. It's really pretty clean, probably because there are no windows and only one door."

I thought about that. "Easily defensible, then."

"Very. They can't see in, so they can't teleport in. I suspect it was a storm cellar."

"I like. Is there any furniture?"

"A battered sofa. Some shelves, which were probably for supplies. They're empty now. But if we bring couple of sleeping bags with us and the canned goods I've got here, we'll be set for as long as we have to be there."

"Lanterns."

"Huh?"

"I'm not living in the dark like a mole," I told him.

"Ah. Okay. So, we've got our safe house. Now, how do we draw Farnham and his goons to it?"

"Let's wait until the guys get back, then brainstorm."

 

(OOC: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!)

6 comments:

  1. Hopefully the place is uncompromised

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to youas well. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a great Christmas and also have a Happy and Healthy New Year - Thank you for sharing your imagination/stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I hope you did and will as well.

      Delete