Sunday, May 16, 2021

Don't Touch Me! - 52

 


"You are," Brent said when he could speak again, "an absolutely amazing man."

"No." Cody shook his head. "Not at all amazing. I'm just a guy in love with the one person who cared enough to find the man behind the barriers I'd erected."

"A very wonderful—" Brent didn't get to finish his statement. Not that he cared since he was being heartily kissed by then. Naturally it led to a second round of love making, during which the words 'I love you' were spoken whenever either of them wasn't otherwise involved in proving it in a much more physical way.

"We need to get some sleep," Brent said much later.

"Meaning you're going home."

"Now why would you think that?"

"Because? Unless…"

Brent grinned. "Unless I want to wake up with you beside me? I do. I'd love to find you in my arms every day of the week."

Cody leaned on one elbow, looking down at Brent. "Then move in with me."

"Whoa." Brent knew his shock showed on his face from the look of hurt in Cody's expression as the younger man moved away, staring up at the ceiling. "Hey," Brent said softly, "I wasn't rejecting the idea. I was surprised is all." When Cody looked hopefully at him, Brent smiled. "I can't until next weekend, if you don't mind waiting that long."

"Mind? Hell no, I don't mind. God, I love you so much now."

"Remember that in six weeks when we're fighting for who gets the shower first."

"That's easily solved. We'll share." Cody yawned. "Everything."

"Works for me, sleepyhead." Brent planted a swift kiss on Cody's lips. "Now, as I said a while ago, let's actually get some sleep. I don't know about you, but I have to work tomorrow, being as how it's only Tuesday."

"We both do, so yeah…" Cody curled up in Brent's arms. "Love you."

"Love you back," Brent replied, closing his eyes. His last coherent thought? Who knew, when you walked into my office, our lives would come to this. Not me, but I'm not complaining. Not. In. The. Least.

The End

6 comments: