Saturday, February 16, 2019

Safe Harbor - 6


Kurt put his hand on Bobby’s shoulder to still his rocking from foot to foot as they waited for Daniel to come down to get them. He caught a pair of the officers eyeing the teen with jaundiced looks, so he was glad when he saw Daniel come to the door to let them through. For an instant the look on Daniel’s face when he saw Bobby was less than welcoming, before he smiled tightly as he led them to the elevator.

A couple of minutes later they were all seated in a small office, Bobby’s foot bouncing nervously.

"Daniel," Kurt said in preface, "this is the young man I told you about."

"Sort of figured." Daniel turned his gaze to Bobby. "You have information about the girl’s murder, according to Father Kurt."

"Yeah, but, well, you’re not going to like it." Bobby kept his eyes fixed on his hands which were clutched in his lap.

After a long moment of silence Daniel said firmly. "I won’t know that until you tell me." 

Too jumpy to keep sitting, Bobby started pacing the room as he talked. "So a couple of nights ago I was up on a roof umm…"

"Leaving a bit of art work on the side of a building?" Daniel almost smiled.

"Huh?"

Daniel pointed to Bobby’s hands where there were still traces of spray paint from last evening’s foray.

"Shit!" Bobby stuck his hands behind his back.

Kurt chuckled. "Don’t worry, Detective Denton has better things to worry about than your artistic talents. Go ahead and tell him, Bobby."

"Yeah right, so anyway I’m up on the roof, getting ready to bed down for the night," he shot a look at Daniel, "when I heard voices. So I took a look-see ‘cause I didn’t want any unexpected visitors to my domicile." He smirked then continued. "There’s two men down there with Minnie and Scooter and they got the two of them on their knees and I knew what was going to happen but there’s nothing I can do so I wait, figuring it would be over soon and everyone would split."

"Did they?"

"Yeah. The men got off then they tossed Minnie and Scooter in their car.

3 comments:

  1. I guess he will tell them that they were dressed as police officers! I hope that Bobby doesn’t get hurt by either the real police or the fakes

    ReplyDelete