Tuesday, May 3, 2022

You Belong to Me – 89

 

 

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Kerry,” Scott said as soon as Corey introduced him to his brother at the airport baggage claim area.

 

“The feeling’s mutual. Corey’s told me a lot about you.”

 

“Oh boy,” Scott muttered.

 

“All good. Honest,” Corey asserted.

 

“Definitely,” Kerry agreed. “You two ready?”

 

“We have our bags, so yeah, I guess.” Corey wasn’t certain he was, but it was too late now.

 

“Double-checking, Corey. Your reservations are at the Mumford?” Kerry said as they headed toward the exit leading to where he’d parked the car.

 

Corey nodded. Scott was a little more verbal, saying, “According to your brother, your whole family, and the bride’s, are staying there because it’s not too far from the church.”

 

“About a block and a half.”

 

“Damn,” Scott exclaimed as they stepped out of the terminal. “I’d forgotten how warm Southern California is, even at this time of year.”

 

“Tell me about it. Like you two, we arrived wearing our winter jackets. We shed them real fast.”

 

“We?” Scott asked, taking off his jacket and slinging it over his arm.

 

Kerry smiled. “Me and Jena, my partner. You’ll meet her when we get to the hotel.”

 

“She knows, doesn’t she?” Corey asked, his own jacket now lying over the top of his roll-along suitcase.

 

“You bet. She’s eager to meet Scott. Mom and Dad and Phil just know you’re bringing a friend.”

 

Scott chuckled. “They’re expecting some nubile young woman, I bet.”

 

Kerry grinned. “Probably.”

 

When Corey sighed, Scott put an arm around his waist. “We can always stop somewhere before we get to the hotel, so I can pick up a wig and a muumuu. I don’t think we’d find a dress that would fit me on such short order.”

 

“Stop,” Corey muttered, smacking his arm. But he did manage to smile. “I don’t think you’d pass inspection since you decided to grow a mustache.”

 

“Probably not.”

 

 

2 comments: