Monday, August 31, 2020

Sing for Their Supper - 43


 

"I finally got all the way through without one mistake," Sam said elatedly.

 

"With Act One. Now on to Act Two again," Ricky said.

 

"Slave driver."

 

Ricky grinned. "And me without my whip."

 

"As if you ever had one."

 

"There is that." Ricky leaned back against the wall behind his bed, flipping the pages of the script to the first time where Fagin appeared in Act Two. He read the lines that came just before Fagin's, then waited for Sam to speak. When he didn't, Ricky looked up at him. He was puzzled by the expression on Sam's face. "What's wrong?"

 

"I was…umm…trying to figure out Fagin's motivation," Sam replied, not quite looking a Ricky.

 

"You know for an actor, you're not a very good liar."

 

"I'm not a very good actor, either."

 

"You're getting there. But," —Ricky held up a finger— "that is not what's bothering you, is it?"

 

Sam waggled his hand. "It's part of it."

 

"Want to talk?"

 

"You might not like it."

 

"Try me." Ricky set the script aside then patted the bed.

 

"That would not be a good idea."

 

"Ah. I see. For you?" When Sam remained silent, Ricky said, "Or for me?"

 

"For our friendship?"

 

"Damn, Sam. I can't think of anything that will change that."

 

Sam sat gingerly on the edge of Ricky's bed. "Even the fact I'm attracted to you?"

 

Ricky immediate reaction to that was physical as his cock began to harden. He willed it to behave while laying the script in his lap to hide it. As calmly as he could, he replied, "Well. That just upped the ante, as they say. Still, how could it do anything except make our friendship…more?"

 

"What I said doesn't bother you?"

 

Ricky put one hand on Sam's leg. "Not when I feel the same." He could have proved it, but he'd managed to tame his erection—at least for the moment. Beside which, now was not the time and he knew it.

 

"You mean that?" Sam said with obvious disbelief.

 

Ricky's lips turned up in a slow smile. "Ab-so-lute-ly."

 

Sam blew out a long breath. "I… I figured… We've only known each other for a short time and… I'm not good at showing my feelings, so…"

 

"No kidding." Ricky leaned in to give him a hug. "We're not going to jump into things. Not until we're sure, right?"

 

"Definitely. It could just be the situation."

 

"It could be," Ricky agreed. The situation that he's here, I'm here, in the same room. Stop thinking like that, he admonished himself. "Or it could be more." He frowned. There was a question he needed to ask, not certain he wanted an answer but he needed to know. "Have you felt this way about anyone else?"

 

Sam shook his head, then smiled ruefully. "I don't know anyone else. Well, not who's gay. At least, not that I know of. It's not really something you let the world know if you're in our situation. That's asking for trouble."

 

"Big time." Ricky wanted to hold Sam, but he was afraid if he did he wouldn't be able to stop at just that. Hell, even kissing him isn't in the picture yet, not until he's sure what he's feeling is real. If it isn't? Then I'm in big trouble. Better leave things the way they are for now. "Do you want to get back to learning our lines?"

 

"We probably should." Sam started to get up, stopped, and hugged Ricky hard. "Thanks for not calling me crazy or something."

 

Giving him a hug back, Ricky replied, "Well, if you are, so am I. Now get your script and let's get through Act Two before we fall on our faces from exhaustion." Or I try to jump your bones because now I know you might let me.

2 comments:

  1. How freakin cute are they. Crossing fingers everything will go good. Telling each other about their feelings is a step in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is, and with any sort of luck, things will progress from there.

      Delete