Monday, February 27, 2023

Everyone's Man – 63

 

As Colin came down, he felt the man's arms wrap around him and a voice he had longed to hear and was afraid he never would again spoke softly against his ear. "I missed you, pup. Please come home with me."

 

Colin, stiffening in shock, turned to stare at Dane Keyes.

 

"Are you angry with me for doing it this way?" Dane asked, cupping Colin's face in his hands. Then he growled, releasing him long enough to reach over and turn on a lamp. "Are you?" he asked again, trying to read the emotions in Colin's eyes.

 

Colin nodded, and then shook his head. "I should be," he said almost petulantly. "I wanted… I was going to try…" He frowned, unsure how to explain to Dane.

 

"You wanted to do this by yourself," Dane filled in, and then laughed, kissing the tip of Colin's nose. "That sounded sort of like self-love."

 

Colin's frown vanished and he grinned. "Yeah, put that way it did. But you knew what I meant. Are you angry? With me I mean. For running away and…and…"

 

"No. I was hurt, and scared, and I didn't understand at first what was going on with you." Dane smiled, stroking Colin's cheek. "Then I figured it out."

 

"How did you find me?" Colin asked, frowning slightly.

 

"I'm a cop. A detective, and a pretty good one, if I do say so myself. I remembered you mentioning a man named Ray and once I figured out you'd probably left town I checked with the airlines and then at the bus station. You, pup, are hard to miss once you've been seen, in case you didn't know. All it took was describing you and the man at the bus station remembered you and where you were headed. So I put out feelers and found out this Ray was fairly well known here in certain circles."

 

"And you came here to find me. But why this way?"

 

"Because I had a good idea what you were trying to do, and why." Dane looked at him, chewing his lip, and asked. "Did you?"

 

"No," Colin replied softly. "Not until tonight. Not until you."

 

"Thank God," Dane said in relief, and then apparently wondered if that was the right response when Colin stared hard at him, his face devoid of all emotion for a moment.

 

Then Colin smiled. "I really did want to be able to come home to you ready for us to make love the way we should. That's why…" He paused. "I guess this wasn't really the right way to do it, but it was all I could think of."

 

"They say the ends justify the means. Usually I would debate that, being a cop, but this time maybe they do. However…" Dane looked sternly at Colin.

 

"You want this to be the last time. Umm, I mean that I whore, not the last time we make love. I mean, I hope that's what you mean. It was, wasn't it?"

 

Dane laughed. "Yes it was, pup. Damn, I don't ever want us to stop making love. But I really would like it if I don't have to think about that beautiful mouth of yours doing things to strange men that it should only be doing to me."

 

"I think that can be arranged, for a price."

 

"Oh?" Dane cocked an eyebrow.

 

"Make love to me again. Here. Now. Please."

 

"With pleasure," Dane replied before cupping Colin's face and kissing him with all the love he had in him.

 

The End

 

1 comment: