Friday, February 3, 2023

Everyone's Man – 51

 

 

"Oh," Colin whispered.

 

"Yeah. 'Oh'."

 

"But you…" Colin kept his face buried against Dane's chest. "You would if you thought I could."

 

"Pup, I'd do you in a heartbeat. More than do you, I'd make love to you. You have no idea how much I want to. Somehow you've gotten under my skin in just a couple of days." He put his fingers under Colin's chin to lift his head so that he could look at him. "And that is exactly why I'm not going to."

 

"Because you're that sure I can't handle it."

 

"I've been there, remember. It's only been a week or so since you were raped." When Colin tensed Dane rubbed his back gently as he continued. "Even if it had been just one man involved you wouldn't be ready this soon afterwards. Oh, you might be able to fake it because, and do not take this the wrong way, because of what you do for a living. But it would take its toll on you, probably immediately afterwards."

 

"Even if I want it as much as you do? I don't believe that, Dane." Colin pulled back, his face filed with a longing need. "Give me a chance to prove you're wrong."

 

"No," Dane whispered, dropping his arms from around Colin.

 

Colin wasn't having any of that. Wrapping his arms around Dane's neck he stood on tiptoe, pressing his mouth to Dane's. Dane stiffened as if he knew he shouldn’t even try to return the tentative kiss but couldn’t fight his desire to do so. He moaned and opened slightly to Colin’s probing tongue, dancing his with it without letting it in.

 

“Please,” Colin whispered against Dane’s lips when he began to pull away.

 

Dane shook his head. "I can't. If I do, I won't want to stop." He pressed a kiss to Colin's forehead. "I won't hurt you. We have time, all the time in the world. Let's not rush into this and take the chance of destroying what I think is building between us."

 

Colin bit back his immediate, usual cocky response—that he could 'feel' what was building between them. Instead, he nodded, hugging Dane tightly. "I can wait as long as I know you want me because I'm me."

 

"Colin Wilcox," Dane growled, "I want you, the person. Never doubt that."

 

Looking up at him, Colin smiled tentatively. "I'll try not to, I promise."

 

Dane returned his smile. "And I promise I'll keep reminding you, every day we're together."

 

 

1 comment: