Wednesday, August 18, 2021

The Artist and the Actor – 8

 


    

"It was partly your fault," Shane said under his breath. "When you were focused on a painting it was the only thing that mattered in your life. It was as if I didn't exist except as the guy who did his damnedest to make sure you stopped long enough to eat and sleep."

 

It had frustrated and angered him. So, yeah, I did play around behind your back when that happened. I wanted you but when you ignored me… Hell, what did you expect? I'm not a saint. I never said I was. I like sex. I loved it with you, when you were there and not off in a world of your own. You made me crazy, so I went looking for someone who treated me as if I was worth something.

 

At least that's what he'd told himself—and Colin when he'd found out the first time. He had promised it would never happen again, and then immersed himself in his acting the next time Colin had worked on one of his paintings to the exclusion of everything else. Things had gotten better for a while. We did love each other. Neither of us denied it. It was just…circumstances.  

 

Then, Colin had gotten a commission for two painting and it seemed as if he never left his studio. Shane had vented to one of the actors in the company. The man had commiserated with him, and then offered to help him relieve his frustration. Against his better judgment, Shane had accepted. When Colin had found out, and it was inevitable that he would, it had resulted in an argument to end all arguments. He'd asked… No, he ordered me to get out of his house and his life, and I did.

 

That had been three years previously. Shane had joined a touring company, which took him out of the city—and then another one when the season had ended, and a third one. At first he'd played the field, sleeping with any man who wanted him, and there were several. But over time, he'd found out that didn't ease his pain. Colin was the only man he'd ever loved.

 

And damn it, now that I'm here I'm going to win him back one way or another.

 

8 comments:

  1. Yeah I don’t know how he thinks he is going to undo the hurt and the feeling of you are not enough from Colin. So the first thing he does is accuse Colin that it’s HIS fault. Get fuckin real dipshit you either opened your goddamn legs or you stuck your goddamn dick in someone’s arse or pussy. It was you who needs a dick removal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sense a little anger at him on your part, and yes he earned it. But people can change and perhaps he has over the last three years. Time will tell.

      Delete
  2. Just a wee bit! Cheating is a very hard no for me but as you said we will see

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colin's brother's killer is still out there, and Colin wants answers. He'll start poking around and when he gets too close, the killer will go after him.
    Colin still loves Shane, and they've changed since they broke up. It's important they reconnect, starting with something public like coffee or lunch dates with a heaping side of groveling, so when the yogurt hits the fan, Colin has backup. I know in the end Shane will redeem himself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...to take a page out of my favorite Sci-Fi TV show ever, you have the power to 'Make it so.'

    ReplyDelete