Thursday, July 1, 2021

Every House Has a Secret - 23

 


 

"Do you have phone numbers for him and Alan?"

 

"Yep. Home and work," Brady replied, adding all the information to the original file then printing out two copies.

 

"Let's call them."

 

Brady checked the time and shook his head. "It would be ten in both cities. A bit late to be bothering them."

 

"Yeah, I guess. We'll try tomorrow, from work. I'll take Alan, you call Steven."

 

"It could be interesting, explaining why we're calling, especially if it was them who spent their weekends at the house for a couple of years before putting it on the market."

 

Rand nodded. "I doubt it was. Or at least it probably wasn't the real Alan, unless he got married after that happened."

 

Brady checked. "Nope. He married in twenty-oh-eight. His daughter was born a year later. I don't see him coming out here every weekend for a couple of years, with his brother not his family, to stay at the house while they searched for the gun."

 

"That's still presuming it was the reason the Thatchers, real or not, were here."

 

"Can you think of another one?" Brady asked.

 

Rand shook his head.

 

"Me, neither."

 

"We have to find out about the men who murdered Hodges's wife," Rand said.

 

"I know, I know. I'm planning on trying to, tomorrow."

 

"Okay. So for the moment we're at a stand-still. How about you shut down and we watch that movie on Netflix you thought might be good, and then head to bed."

 

"Sounds like a plan to me."

 

2 comments: