Wednesday, September 5, 2018

(36) Two vampires, a ghoul and a shifter.


Helmut landed them in one of the empty bedrooms on the second floor. Once the two young men had gotten their bearings again Pier's wanted to know exactly what kind of trouble was brewing.

"It's brewed. Dixon is missing."

Piers frowned. "Missing how?"

"According to the call I got from Mr. Pope, Dixon got angry about something and stormed off the manor house grounds. He did not however leave the estate grounds, according to Pope."

"So he could be off sulking somewhere? So what?"

"That's what I'm here to find out. Go to your rooms and I'll let you know the moment I find out anything."

Linden rolled his eyes, muttering, "Yes, sir," as he gave Helmut a mock salute.

"Boy," the shifter growled. "Just—do it. I don't want to be worrying about the two of you right now." When Linden's face fell, Helmut gave him a quick hug, murmuring, "Sorry, Lin, I didn't mean to take it out on you."

"I know," he replied. "I shouldn't have done that. Go, find him and bring him back."

"If I can, I will."

As soon as Helmut left, Piers suggested that he and Linden go to his room. "Among other things you need my blood. It's been a couple of days."

"You know," Linden chewed his lip as he followed Piers back to his room, "if this thing with Helmut really, well, works out, I could be in trouble."

Piers looked at him. "Why? If nothing else he could bring you to me if I'm not here."

"I suppose, but you and I are blood-bonded. Being with you, or around you, is part of the deal."

"Damn, Lin, you're not my slave." Piers frowned as he pushed open the door to his room. "Do you feel like you are? You never said you did."

"No." Linden thought about that. It was something that had never really crossed his mind. With no place to go, and no friends other than Piers and Roderick, being with them had just seemed natural. He smiled. "No, not at all."

"Thank goodness. I love having you with me, and I know there's more of a bond between us than just blood, but I never want you to feel trapped."

Linden hugged him tightly. "I've never felt that, not even at the beginning."

Impulsively, Piers kissed him. "I believe you," he said, before biting into his wrist and offering it to Linden.

5 comments:

  1. aaccckkk love it! I so what Lin and Hel and Piers and Rod How do you shorten piers..LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cut off his feet? -looking innocent- LOL. I don't think there is a nickname for Piers.

      Delete
    2. LOL I guess that would work.

      Delete
  2. I am really enjoying this. I am thinking the ruins are not done yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're enjoying it. Thanks for saying so.

      Delete