Thursday, August 30, 2018

(33) Two vampires, a ghoul and a shifter.


"That was definitely worth all the hell you've put me though," Helmut murmured against Linden's ear once the two of them had regained some semblance of normality again.

"Me?" Linden bit his lip to keep from grinning. "It was your fault it took so long."

"Excuse me?" Helmut rested on one elbow now, looking down at him. "You were the one who kept teasing and then withdrawing."

"I never—well all right maybe a bit. Though you have to admit that the wait was worth it."

Helmut let a long pause ensue, as if thinking about that. Then he smiled. "Definitely worth it." He pressed a hearty kiss to Linden's lips. "We'll have to do it again sometime."

"Sometime?" Linden frowned, pulling away. "Like the next time I happen to be in the neighborhood and you're horny?"

"Perhaps," Helmut replied, not allowing any emotion to touch his features. Linden's words stung but he wasn’t about to let the boy know that.

"Well screw you!" Linden sat up, glaring down at Helmut. "They were right, everyone was right. You only use people, you don't care about them, you just use them."

Helmut shrugged. "That's what they say." He flinched when Linden's hand landed hard on his cheek. "Apparently you believe them."

"I didn't want to." A sob choked Linden's voice.

"Then don't," Helmut told him softly, gathering him into his arms. "People aren't always right."

Linden tried to pull away but Helmut was having none of that. "I'm not the best man you'll ever meet, my boy, but I'm not the worst either, nor nearly as bad as some people paint me. I'm not going to promise an eternity with you, I will promise that until one or the other of us decides to end this I'll remain faithful." He pressed a soft kiss to Linden's temple. "That's the best I can do."

"That's the best I can ask for," Linden replied with a watery smile. "And I promise the same."

"Then we're good, boy?" Helmut felt like a kid on a first date, wanting to know if there would be a second one.

"On one condition." When Helmut frowned, Linden chuckled. "Stop calling me 'boy'."

"But to me, you are. You're my boy."

Linden nodded. "Compromise. As an endearment, when you feel like offering one, boy is acceptable, but day to day how about just calling me Lin."

"I can handle that—boy." Helmut grinned, his hand beginning to explore again.

Linden laughed, not stopping him. "But can you handle me?"

"For damned sure going to try."

4 comments:

  1. I got heart palpitations for a minute. I was about to reach through this screen and slap Helmut, whew wonderful installment .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. As he said, he's not as bad as some people paint him.

      Delete