Sunday, March 3, 2013

Caomhnóir – Manny - 35



Jakie looked up from playing with Romper and then quickly looked away as Thom and Hamlin, with careful hugs and not so careful kisses, greeted Keegan and Manny. “Damn, pup, you have to put up with watching that every day?” he muttered.

“And twice on Sunday,” Manny told him, laughing to hide the pain as he limped to a chair with Hamlin’s assistance.

Jakie wrinkled his nose before asking, “Is Mr. Wyndham dead now, for good?”

“Very much so. I’m afraid Mr. Shadrick is as well.”

“No big loss,” Jakie replied with a shrug, coming over to the men. “You look like you ran into a wood chipper,” he commented after looking Manny over.

Keegan lifted an eyebrow. “And just how would you know about them.”

“Saw it in a movie. Some dude tries to get rid of a body in one. So how’d you get so messed up anyways?”

“Cerdic wasn’t ready to die just yet,” Manny replied, trying to wave Hamlin away to keep him from fussing over him.

“You’re hurt, damn it,” Hamlin growled. “I need to see how badly before I call a doctor, or better yet drag you to the hospital.”

After shooting a look at Keegan, who mouthed, ‘You’re on your own’; Manny shook his head. “It’s all surface. I’ll be fine as soon as I get some sleep.”

“Like a werewolf.” Jakie laughed. “That’s what they do.”

“Boy, you watch too many movies,” Manny commented as, at Hamlin’s urging, he finally stripped off his shirt. “See, nothing major.”

“Yeah, well,” Hamlin shook his head but didn’t push it, asking instead, “How about your leg? I can tell just by looking that it’s a mess.”

“And I am not stripping in front of Jakie.”

“Then we’re taking this into the bathroom so I—“ Hamlin stopped when Thom tapped his shoulder and nodded towards the kitchen area of the loft. “What?” he asked once they were out of Jakie’s hearing range.

“They heal very fast. That’s why I’m not playing mother hen with Keegan.”

“I know, Manny told me, but damn I still can’t help but worry. I’ve never been through this before.”

Before Thom could reply, Manny called out, “Hamlin, I just thought of something. You’re going to have to take my place tonight at the house, to help Gebhard out.”

“Damn, yeah, okay. He’s gotta be wondering where everyone is.” Hurrying back to join the others, he told Jakie to get ready to go. While the boy did, Hamlin sat on the arm of Manny’s chair, asking quietly, “Are you sure you’re alright?”

“Alright, and getting better by the second, honest.” Manny ran his hand up Hamlin’s thigh, causing his lover to groan softly. “And I’ll prove it to you in the morning.”

“If I can wait that long,” Hamlin grumbled before kissing Manny soundly. Getting up, he met Jakie at the door and the two of them left.

No comments:

Post a Comment