Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Fear - 49


Shawn shuddered, sinking into Gene's embrace when he wrapped his arms around him. "So yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of parties because of that." He looked up at Gene. "But this would be different," he whispered, "because you're not Jared."

"No, I'm not," Gene agreed firmly, lightly kissing Shawn's temple before turning back to Linda and Max. "I guess it's three to one, so if you insist, I promise not to pout too much."

"We do," Max replied with a grin. "Let's see, we can rent the meeting room in the town hall. That should just about hold everyone."

"No way in hell!"

"Tony's Steakhouse then?" Linda suggested. "We'll keep it intimate, just hmm… a hundred of your closest friends."

Gene snorted. "My closest friends I can count on one hand."

"I don't believe that," Shawn said. "I've already met three of them when we've been out to eat, and there's Linda and Max and…"

"Like I said, five," Gene countered. "Six, if I count you, but I think we're more than friends now."

Max cocked an eyebrow. "Do tell."

"Not that way," Gene told him.

"Yet," Shawn added with a grin.

Linda glanced at her husband. "Told you."

Max hugged her. "And you're always right."

"I am. And on that note, I think it's time called it a night. It's getting late and I have a party to plan come morning, so I'll need all my wits about me."

After Max and Linda went inside, Gene stood, pulling Shawn up and into his arms again. "You know they're going to be insufferable now that they know."

"Know what?" Shawn asked innocently.

"That we might be, slowly but I think surely, inching beyond just friendship."

"And there's nothing wrong with that, I don't think."

"Not in the least." Gene cupped Shawn's jaw in his hands and kissed him, receiving one in return that might have progressed beyond just an exploration of each others lips if he'd allowed it to. Instead he pulled away, patting Shawn's ass. "Linda was right; it's getting late."

"Yeah, yeah, I know." Shawn planted another quick kiss on Gene's lips and smiled. "I'll go to bed like a good boy. And before you say it, I'm doing it because I'm tired, not because I think that's what you want."

Ruffling Shawn's hair, Gene replied, "I know. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"For sure. We may be taking things slowly, but we are taking them to where we both want them to end." With that said, he headed into the house, smiling to himself when he heard Gene murmur, "That we are, and I'm not complaining" as he walked down the steps.

6 comments: