Thursday, August 16, 2018

(26) Two vampires, a ghoul and a shifter.


"And this revenant came back." Piers shuddered. "Is he—does he look human still?"

"Picture a movie zombie, that's pretty much what he looks like. This particular one has progressed with the times though. He wears modern clothes, not the ones he was wearing when he died."

"So," Linden asked after a moment, "he somehow managed to crawl out of the dungeon and has been haunting the castle ruins?"

"Yes, though haunting doesn't apply since he's not a ghost. Somehow, for whatever reason, it seems that he can't leave the land that belonged to him, the land the castle stood on when he died. As with all revenants, he seeks revenge on those who killed him and their descendants but he's caught here and can't fulfill his mission."

"Rod knows this," Piers said, anger lacing his voice. 
  
"He does, which is why he ordered you to stay away from the ruins."

Piers jumped to his feet, glaring at Helmut. "Why the hell didn't he just tell me?"

"And scare the shit out of you? He figured it was better for you to think he was worried about your getting hurt."

"Damn it, I'm a vampire. How much damage could a falling piece of masonry do to me?"

"If you got trapped by it and the sun came up before you were found, a hell of a lot," Helmut pointed out.

"Well, yeah, okay I'll give you that. But still—"

"Why are you telling us about this revenant if Roderick didn't want us to know?" Linden asked.

"Because the two of you ignored his orders to stay away from there. Personally I never really agreed with his reasoning but I only work for him."

"So," Piers said, a gleam of excitement in his eyes as he hopped up to sit on the edge of the table, "how do we get rid of this creature?"

"You don't even try," Helmut growled. "If I see or even hear of the two of you going near the ruins again you'll have me to deal with."

"Oooh, I'm so scared," Linden told him, grinning.

"Boy, you'd better be. I'll be on your ass twenty-four/seven. You won't even be able to go to the bathroom without me in attendance."

"And that's a problem why?"

"Might not be one for you, Lin, but I'd rather not have him on my tail like that, thank you very much," Piers muttered.

"But it will happen if you get within a thousand yards of the ruins," Helmut said sternly. "For now however, I think it's your bedtime since the sun will be up very soon."

"Mine too," Linden told him. "I pretty much keep the same hours."

"Then off with you both, and remember, I'll be watching."

2 comments:

  1. AAACCCCKKKK So fucking good!!!! Amazing love Helmut on his ass 24/7, on it or in it? LMAO I have such a dirty mind...hehehe. Maybe this Revenant has changed his ways...can they change? or are they a one track mind thangy? Awesoweballs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it, even with your dirty mind. LMAO

      Delete