Friday, May 24, 2013

The family that preys together…- 32



“We need to find out about this young man of Crispin’s,” Gerard said.

Bryant nodded. “I’m not certain I’d call him ‘his’ because Spin keeps insisting they’re just friends, but I agree.”

“Do we even have a name for him?”

“Kent, but no last name. All I know is they met at the health club Crispin goes to.”

Gerard glanced at his watch. “There’s time and we know neither of them is there right now so go see what you can find out.”

“Yes father,” Bryant said, trying not to sigh. He’d had plans of his own but obviously for now they were on hold.

“Be aware, if you find out anything detrimental about this Kent person you and I will deal with him. I will not let him destroy us.”

“Father, damn, give Spin some credit for having a bit of common sense. He wouldn’t have anything to do with someone who’d endanger us.”

“As much as I hate to say it, in some ways Crispin is very much an innocent. He’s always been a solitary person in his personal life so I do begin to wonder why this particular young man has managed to worm his way into it. Quite possibly it’s as harmless as it seems, but we won’t take chances.”

Bryant smiled slightly. “Innocent is an understatement, although naïve might be a better word. And he doesn’t take well to waiting for the next game these days. Maybe we should hope Kent is exactly what he seems and that they develop a relationship of sorts. It would relieve some of Spin’s stress.”

“My, my, aren’t you quite the liberal thinker.”

“Would it bother you if something developed between them?”

Gerard gave a small shrug. “I have always hoped that one day our legacy could be passed down to the next generation but I’m beginning to think that’s a futile wish. And, perhaps, it’s for the best that it doesn’t. The chances of either of you finding someone like your mother who would condone our actions is, I’m afraid, vastly unlikely.”

Bryant snorted softly as he picked up his jacket. “It certainly is from my end. I have no desire to have a female in my life for more than a night or two at best.”

His father smiled, acknowledging his statement. “Go, find out what you can and report back to me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment