Saturday, May 18, 2013

The family that preys together…- 29



“Are you out of your mind, what mind you have left?” Bryant asked angrily. “You’re going to walk into a nest of cops?”

“Hardly a nest, Bry. Just a few and it’s a party and they’re friends of Kent’s. Though I will admit the idea did get my adrenaline up.”

Bryant scrubbed a hand over his face. “I’m not sure I approve of your hanging with this person, Spin. Are you sure there’s nothing more going on than just friendship?”

“Good lord, Bry, we’ve gone to dinner twice and we see each other on and off at the health club. This is hardly turning into some fiery affair of the heart if that’s what you’re worried about.”

Eyeing his brother, Bryant nodded. “Just making certain. I mean I know you’ve keep saying that but you’ve never spent this much time with any woman. Hell I’m not even sure they’re your thing.”

Crispin shrugged. “I’m no virgin and you know that. It’s just…I’ve never met woman I’m interested in as more than a way to, what is that rather crass phrase, get my rocks off with?”

“That’s the one,” Bryant said, laughing. “And I agree. There are more important and more interesting things to do with our time.” He sobered, looking at his brother. “Just don’t let your friendship with this man make you forget that.”

“Don’t worry I won’t. Born and bred to the game as they say so I really don’t think it’s even a possibility. After all it’s not like we’re doing something that a lot of other people don’t wish they had the guts to do themselves.”

“Exactly.” Bryant cut another slice from what was left of the breakfast quiche, waving his fork at his brother. “Speaking of which, we need to make plans because we only have a month before we can do what father suggested.”

“Tonight. Right now I’ve got to get dressed and head into the city. I’ve got an important client meeting in two hours.”

“Makes me glad I work retail. At least we don’t open until eleven.”

“Yeah, yeah, rub it in yet again,” Crispin said with a grin as he left the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment