Monday, May 6, 2013

The family that preys together…- 23



“Where the hell have you been?” Bryant growled when Crispin strolled into the living room late that evening.

Crispin’s eyebrows rose as he replied, “Out.”

“You never go ‘out’.”

“I guess there’s a first time for everything.”

Suddenly Bryant’s eyes lit up. “You met someone. You finally found a woman you’d actually be willing to date. It’s about damned time.”

“Maybe I just stopped off to see a movie in town instead of being the ‘good brother’ who always shows up in time for dinner.”

Bryant shook his head. “If, and it’s unlikely, you did that you’d have called to let us know.”

“Why? You never do. Hell three days ago you didn’t come home till mid-morning and we had no idea if you were still alive, or in jail or what.”

“That’s me, Spin. I do that. You don’t. So where were you really?”

“I went out for dinner with a friend after going to the health club.”

“Someone you met there? Is she nice? Are you going to see her again? Tell all brother mine.”

“I did meet them at the club and yes they’re nice and maybe I will see them again.”

Bryant frowned as he thought about what Crispin was saying, or not saying. “What’s her name?”

Crispin smiled evilly. “His name is Kent.”

“Oh fuck, are you kidding?”

“Bry, you are jumping to conclusions. He’s just a nice young man who it’s fun to spend time with. Absolutely nothing more.”

Bryant studied his face for a very long moment before nodding. “All right, I’ll take your word for it.”

As he turned to leave the room Crispin said a bit tartly. “I don’t think you have a choice in the matter.”

No comments:

Post a Comment