Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Caomhnóir – Manny - 36



“Finally,” Manny said in heartfelt relief once Hamlin and Jakie were gone.

“How bad?” Keegan asked in concern.

“Not good. I’m glad I didn’t have to get up again. Making it here was bad enough.”

“Let me look. Where do you keep your medical supplies?”

When Manny told him, Keegan sent Thom to get them. Taking out his dagger, he cut the leg of Manny’s pants open the rest of the way, whistling low. “I’m surprised you were able to walk at all.”

“Yeah, well, you were in no shape to carry me at that point, and I didn’t want Hamlin to know how bad it really is. This is his first time, if you know what I mean.”

Thom arrived back with the large first-aide kit, took one look at the bone-deep cut in Manny’s leg, and said, “You’re not going to be able to hide that from him, fast healer or not.”

“Tomorrow it won’t look half as bad. Like I said, I just need sleep.”

“And stitching up,” Thom told him in no uncertain terms as he searched through the kit for what he needed.

Cocking an eyebrow, Manny looked up at Keegan. “Is he like this when you get hurt?”

“Worse, he mother’s me at the same time that he growls.”

Manny bit back a cry of pain when Thom poured what felt like a whole bottle of antiseptic into the open wound. “Damn, I don’t need that.”

“You may be immortal, but you’re also human. You need it. Now hold still,” Thom ordered as he took out a needle and suturing thread.

Ten minutes later Manny told Keegan that he had a sadistic man as his lover. Keegan snorted. “He just cares is all. You want him to kiss it and make it all better? That’s what he does with me when he’s finished.”

“No way,” Manny and Thom said at the same time.

Once Thom had checked out the other wounds the two Caomhnóir had received, he deemed them sufficiently on their way to healing. Enough so that he didn’t need to do anything more.

He put the kit back where it came from and returned to sit down beside Keegan, who was now resting on the sofa. Keegan pulled him back against his chest and then turned his attention to Manny. “Go ahead, ask.”

No comments:

Post a Comment